1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buckeye Classic Information

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I was at Sportsmans Den yesterday and ordered some shot before they opened today, was rhere early and a long line was formed buying shot @ $39.99 and powder and primers were flying off the shelves, did not know if there was a limit, only a few brands were left by 11:00am and a few primers, AA shells were $84.99, I saw a guy buy 10 flats and some primers he spent just under $1,000
    Picked up my shot, and then went to Indiana Gun Clubs building which was in the 2nd building to the West. I made a trade for a nice Ljutic, so many nice trapguns they had in stock, at some of the best prices I have seen in a long time, they are good to deal with.

Wind was working on the targets, I predict some lower scores than usual today.

Had the grandkids with me and they had Ice Cream, Root Beer, Hot dogs, and on the way there they had McDonalds Happy Meals, Grandpa treated them well, and they accompanied me for a 118 mile trip to deliver a gun to a gunsmith yesterday. The youngest one fell asleep from all the activity all the way home.

Looks like more vendors this year than last year, wanted some work done by Phillips Gunsmithing but he won't be here until the Ohio State Shoot next month
    which is only a few days away till June.

I picked up my Chair that was a trophy from the Grudge Match at last years Ohio State Shoot and will post a picture of it in another post after I get picture taken.

When I get a release trigger installed in the Ljutic I will be back to shoot some Handicaps as long as the shoulder holds out.

Come and shoot some nice targets at the WORLDS NICEST TRAP RANGE, and good accomodations at local Motels, On Grounds Camping, and very nice Restraunts located from 1/2 mile to 10 miles, Staks, Seafood, Itilian, Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, and even White Castles, we call em SLIDERS.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

I am go over to the Cardinal tomorrow. Not sure if I am going to shoot tomorrow but who knows I may. I am planning to shoot the 200 singles and maybe the handicap on Saturday.

3. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Hmmm.. If you were at Sportmans Den.. then went to Indiana Gun club sales... you walked right past me.

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

JB don't you know he doesn't like you. Do you think he has cahoonies enough to talk to you.

Don

5. running bear

running bear Member

Longshot now is the time to step up and be a man. Stop by and see Jerry.

Buck

6. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

People with the same last names should be more cordial.....Heh Heh Heh.

Regards....Gerald

7. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Rick, no caps on Saturday -

8. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Ummm, BIGDON.... it's cojones, not cahoonies, "Koe Hoe Nays" say it fast now, got it?

9. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

I am not sure yakimaman ...... its really going to depend on the weather. Calling for bad weather on Saturday 80%.

Its also going to depend on if I get my mother in-laws kitchen flooring done today. Getting ready to head that way now to start, got the sub flooring down yesterday, today I am laying tile. I have to have this job done by Sunday night. Monday she has guys coming in to start setting the new cabinets.

10. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

Windy may have been an understatement!

Shot the preliminary handicap on Weds and managed a 96 after dropping four targets on the first trap. Wind was driving the targets down hard. I was on bank 11 Wed and bank 12 for the two handicaps on Thurs. Down at that end the wind really whips in from the open fields.

I made it a point to stop and meet Jerry (FlaLagarto) at his booth and introduce myself. We had a nice visit.

Indiana Gun Club did have a great selection of guns and I enjoyed my time with John Hardin (river rat) at their store on the grounds. He has fantastic inventory.

Late last night I hooked up with Jeff from Kolar down at the Indiana Gun Club store as Jeff was bringing my trigger with him from Racine after Keith had spent some time on it working his magic.

And last, but certainly not least, I spent some time with Brad Dysinger and had him punch my card continuing the march back towards the fence. This is my second year of shooting and the 27 still seems miles away!

Only one little glitch from yesterday was a power outage that interrupted the morning handicap. Do not know the cause but we had about a 45 min. delay. Power back and things carried forward with no complaints. The powers to be did a good job of keeping everyone posted and performed professionally as one expects now from this facility.

I did an exhaustive search of the grounds early Wednesday morning and am happy to report that no weeds were found. We must remain vigilant however as rumor has it that the Sparta pinko commie bedwetters are planning to strike at the state shoot for the greatest exposure.

Doc

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

60mph winds came across the area, and they shut down the Memorial Golf Tournament twice, and closed the food tent as it was dangerously close to coming down.

I have not seen any scores yet, we had high winds at Charlie Pidcocks Buddy Shoot tonite, we could have called it a sporting clays shoot, targets were way up and way down xtra fast

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. FlaLagarto

Dr Longwind,

There must be some mistake with RJ Stuarts program. When I looked to see what events you shot and your scores for this week .. you name shows no results!! I think you need to contact him to correct this error.

13. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I stopped by Jerry's tent a saw the reason why Longshorts didn't stop. There's a sign advertising Bryant silencers. Jerry says he's perfecting the Trapshooter's dotcom model that will do the same thing. I put in my order.:)

14. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

I stop by Jerry's tent this morning to say Hi....... nice guy!

I was going to shoot today but I got a phone call from my wife right after I left Jerry's tent, she needed me to come home. My mother in-law has rental's and one of them had a problem and I had to head to the other side of the state to fix the problem for her. I am on call 24/7 now that my father in-laws gone. OH well maybe I can shot at the state shoot coming up in about 2 or 3 weeks.

15. FlaLagarto

Holy Cow... did the earth stop turning yesterday???

Dr Longwind showed up at my booth yesterday.. I was humbled by his greatness!!

He wouldn't let me make him ear plugs.. maybe at the state shoot... I can only hope and pray such a great shooter will someday wear my custom made plugs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.