1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Buckeye Classic Attendance day 1 and 2

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Zoltan, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

The results of the first day of the 2012 Buckeye Classic are in and attendance compared to last year is up over 23% from the first day in 2011.

The second day of the Buckeye Classic saw an attendance increase of over 32% from the second day in 2011.

Looks like great facility, good weather and good targets are bringing out the shooters.

Thanks shooters for supporting the Cardinal Center facility.

Roger Edgington
  2. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Active Member

342 shooters, not a bad turnout. I didn't get there for the singles, so shot the caps & 200 doubles, a great event. I must comment on a potentially dangerous incident on Bank 6, though. We were squad 1 and when we went to trap 6B there was a problem, most likely the trap not being turned on; but in any case couldn't call any targets. We unloaded our guns and the scorer went down to the traphouse looked in and came back and tried again. We reloaded and tried to start again with no birds. Just then a kid popped his head out of the house and walked out: no flag or warning, and none of us knew he was even in the traphouse. Let me repeat, our guns were loaded and we were ready to shoot. The shooter on position 5 started yelling for us to unload, as the squad leader most likely could not see the kid, as he came out on the side nearest position 5, had asked if the squad was ready and was calling for a target. She asked the kid where the flag was and read him the riot act for doing such a stupid thing. By then the line supervisor had come to see what was going on, and got the trap up and running. We informed her of the incident, and she said it would be reportrd...hopefully it was.

best...mike
  3. TjayE

TjayE Member

Mike, good luck to you at the Buckeye Classic this week. I suppose I will not see you tonight at our league shoot. Tom
  4. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Active Member

Sorry I won't be there, Tom. Um, would you mind shooting for me? You could keep the highest score for yourself, of course.

best ...M&B
  5. 700X-user

700X-user Member

Not sure if it was the same kid, but I know for a fact that one kid was fired for doing that same thing about 2 or 3 times. The supervisor told me that he had been warned twice before. The kid actually stuck his hand out during the round so he could come out. The trap was fully loaded and he wanted to come out. You can't fix stupid!

Ed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.