1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bubinga wood on trap gun, Old Tree Gun Blanks

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BMC, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMC

BMC Member

LOL, found? I'm gonna start charging you..lol J/K

2. BMC

BMC Member

Yep, but that virtual stockmaker is Adobe Photoshop CS3. I'll work up the Ebony sometime this afternoon when the boss leaves.

3. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

Hey BMC! I've been drooling over the Black and White Ebony ever since you posted some on the other thread! I bought a Bubinga, but now I can't wait to see your virtual stock with B&W Ebony. It should be awesome. I have a feeling I'm going to have sell my first born and mortgage the ranch to afford a blank! We'll have to wait to see what the Master (Gordy) can come up with. Keep looking Gordy!

4. C1

C1 Member

Gordy, I got a question. As an old time exotic (wood) woodworker I have never had good luck with bubinga keeping it's spectacular color. It always wants to fade to this crappy brown color and I have used all kinds of finish to keep it from changing but nothing blocks the UV enought to help. Any suggestions?

Gary Riecke

5. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

Gordy,
    Another variation of Bubinga with dark lines and less curl.
    George Olsen

6. BMC

BMC Member

Claycruncher, I posted the B&W Ebony version in the Ebony thread. Paste this link to see it if you don't want to go back and find that thread.
    http://i.pbase.com/o6/17/538217/1/82177073.FYVEoMht.blackandwhiteebony.jpg

7. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

That wood looks so good it almost looks fake. Too good to be true. Steve

8. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

BMC: Thanks for the link on the B&W. You do very cool work! My Bubinga should arrive today, but it will be a while before I begin any work on it. I have two other stocks in progress.

Gordy: Regarding B&W Ebony, is most of it as white as the picture you posted above? What kinda of color variations does this wood come in?

9. MX3SBOY

MX3SBOY TS Member

10. dave f.

dave f. TS Member

hi, i have a sauer express rifle in 458 win. mag. dressed in bubinga. as close as i can figure it was made in the early 80s. dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.