1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BTU recomendation for burner to melt lead

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Looking for a burner. Have a large cast iron pot I would say 3 gallons. How many BTU would be enough.

2. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

i got a dual 30,000 btu burner camp stove(designed for dutch ovens)from dicks for $100.nice heavy commercial style burners,heavy tube frame,dual controls,ive had 200+ lbs on it at a time, and it was solid as a rock,i use 2, 8 qt cast iron dutch ovens (harbor freight,$18.ea),with 100 lbs in each. unit is made by camp chef,i was using a turkey fryer stand but it was not fast enough,dual burners doubled my production , mark

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

thank you

4. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

one thing that helps alot is to contain the heat depends on size of you pot a steel 5 gal paint or thinner can with the ends cut out works good keeps the heat all around the melt i have a gas fired duel burner for sale stands about 5 in off floor will take $ 30 +shipping it weighs about 20lb can get a pic if you want email me thanks rick

5. zinger

zinger Member

we cut the tops off old propane tanks that you can't fill anymore. Fill with soapy water and let sit before cutting.

6. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

have that double burner can send pic to email rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

burner to melt lead

how many btu to melt iron

how many btu to melt lead

leadburnerunit

types of burners for melting lead forums