1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT99 won't close

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mountainsteve, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mountainsteve

Mountainsteve Member

BT99 won

BT99 will not close. Cleaned it and even blew out any potential brass or lead with high pressure air. It shows signs of burring where the barrel closes into the receiver. Any ideas?

2. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

Ejector Stop Screw backing out?

3. Mountainsteve

Mountainsteve Member

Coveybuster, checked that but not the problem. Even took out the ejector completely and removed the cocking lever and pin. Still will not close. It burrs up on the barrel flats. Looks like the receiver may have a sharp edge where the barrel flat closes into it. Thought about polishing it down with a dremmel but thinking I may need a good gunsmith to do the work.

Thanks for trying to help.

4. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

The stop screw on mine backed out about a 1/16th of a turn and I couldn't get it put together. It was so slight it wasn't visable to my eyes, but I could feel it.

Thought I had an easy fix for you.

I agree with the gunsmith. Doug Braker has rebuilt 3 BT-99's for me. Top notch work from a great guy.

5. Mountainsteve

Mountainsteve Member

6. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Two of my friends bought NEW BT-99's, and I had to de burr both. Every single edge on the receiver and the barrel lock up had burrs. One was worse than the other,but both closed with some difficulty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.