1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bt99 vs bt100

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kastew, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kastew

kastew TS Member

What is the differences between these two? Am I correct that a bt100 has a higher/adjusteable rib. Is is true that bt100 has a dropout trigger along with the bt99max? Is the bt100 not a desirable compared to the bt99 if so why. Any one know why bt100 is no longer made?

Feel free to add any other compare/contrast between the 99 and 100.

Thanks
    Kai

2. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

I have a BT-99 & several guys at the club have BT-100's. The BT-100 does have a higher rib but the ones I've seen weren't adjustable. They also have a drop out trigger that I think has an adjustment for pull wt. Having shot both, I think it boils down to whether or not you like a higher rib gun. The drop out trigger is nice but not really necessary. I think the BT-100 was discontinued due to cost. New ones, especially those in stainless steel, were approaching $2k. John

3. Duck

Duck Member

Kai,

BT100 + BT99Max are the same gun except the 100 had a dropout trigger.
    I know of at least two different rib height's that they were offered in
    mine varied in height at the muzzle end only. I never came across either gun with a factory adjustable rib, it would have been and aftermarket add on. The BT100 + the Max just never sold as well as hoped, that ended their production. Either model, well any 99 in good shape + price may be the sleeper of the single barrel trap gun's!.

4. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I may be wrong, but I have never seen a BT100 with an adjustable rib, from the factory. I have a BT100 with a dropout trigger assembly, from the factory, but I have never seen a factory dropout trigger on a BT99.

I do not know why they quit making the BT100, but it seems to be a popular gun. I think they quit making the BT99 for a while, but then started making it again.

5. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

The difference is 1 BT now the BT 101 will have everything adjustable comb rib recoil pad and interest rate base on the Japanese stock market. I do not have a real picture of it yet but I have previsionalized one as instructed to according to articles I read in Trap in Field. Ok Ok All in fun just having one of those nights I do know the BT 100 guns do not come up for sale to often and those that shoot them like them a whole lot. There is a adjustable rib model made I have seen them advertised as BT 99 AR for the rib design.

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Kai, I am no expert on the Bt's, so here is what I believe. First the 99 and the 100 did not ever come with a adjustable rib from the factory. There was a short time that the 99 plus or the 99 max (not sure which one) did come with a adj. rib. The 99 was no longer offered when the 100 was being made. The 100 was supposed to compete with the high end guns and offer all the extra's as standard equipment but at a much lower price. This increased the price out of their normal market and after 7 years or so (not sure exactly) was removed and the 99 at the lower price brought back by demand (more or less). The 100 was offered in two seperate types low gloss was the basic, it still had the drop out trigger, but no adjustable trigger pull in different lbs, and no adjustment to allow the gun to eject or extract hulls at owners choice. The high gloss and the Stainless Steel version had both of these two options that the low gloss does not have. No 99's of any type have the drop out trigger. The Bt-100's are normally in higher demand than the Bt-99's, and bring a higher selling price as well. There is a new Bt-99 AR model out now that has the adj. rib. Made in both top single and bottom single type combo's. If I'm wrong on anything on this post, I am sure someone will bring it to both of our attention. Break-em all. Jeff

7. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

The BT-100 was Brownings attempt to compete with the K guns and P guns at less than half the price....I have been shooting one for years and absolutely love it! Unfortunatley they did not sell as well as the BT-99 and Browning stopped making them due to the cost to produce...

8. kastew

kastew TS Member

Does a 100 have a taller rib than the 99s? Is the action the same? I was told the 100 isn't as good of a gun as the 99 and I am trying to get opinons on such.

9. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

BT-100 has a high rib.....I don't know who told you the BT-99 was a better gun but in my opinion it isn't.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning bt 100 vs bt 99
bt100 adjustable trigger
bt99 and bt100 comparison
bt99 or bt100

bt99 vs bt100

desirable bt 99
why bt100 over bt99