1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT99 Trigger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by warren, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warren

warren Member

I recently won a BT99 in a drawing and it's a great gun which I shoot well but the trigger makes a blister on my finger and it's gotten so I can't shoot it. I've been looking for a new trigger, something like the one on my XT, but can't find any. I'm not interested in a release just a adjustable trigger. Anybody got any idea??????? thanks

warren

2. warren

warren Member

RWT Thanks for the suggestion but I already tried a shoe it made the problem worse. I've shot older BT99's and never had this problem I don't know whether Browning made a design change or what but the way it is I can't shoot it. thanks again. I shot it this weekend at Winnemucca and won my class in the single but I got a blister and had to shoot my XT the rest of the shoot.

warren

3. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Got the same problem.last week i posted skinned finger on this web.got some good ideas but have not used any of them yet.I think when the trap season here in the Midwest is over i am going to send my bt to Phillips(sp) gun shop in Texas.he has fixed this problem in the past according to one of the answers i got.might give him a call.

Tracy

4. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Some triggers are beveled on the right side for a right handed shooter. That may solve your problem.

5. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Take a little trip to Radio Shack and buy the Heat Shrink tubing that will fit over your trigger "shoe". Use a Soldering Iron or a Cig. lighter to shrink the tubing.I USE it All the time Works GOOD. Joe joe90t

6. warren

warren Member

Thanks Joe90t I'll try that sounds like it might work.

warren

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.