1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT99 Stock bolt wrench ????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tom berry, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Recently bought a BT99 stock from Ed Y (thanks for the great deal), then had Tron install a recoil reduction unit (looks great), now need to bolt it to the receiver. I assumed this was a screw driver application, but it's not. After peaking down the hole in the stock wiht a bend a light, I see it is some type of allen wrench application.

Is there a tool availalbe to tighten this bolt with? Also looks like you could accomplish this with a 1/2 inch socket, but there is some sort of circular bracket in there that limits the type of wrench you can use to tighten the bolt.

Any help out there???

Thanks,

Tom

2. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Well i am not sure on a BT but i think it is a 5mm allen wrench that does that. It takes a long one... I think about 9 inches long. Or a long allen wrench that will fit a socket wrench.. BUT!!! a 1/2 socket wrench it way too big.. because you have too much leverage and if you overtighten it will spilt you wood. Maybe a 1/4 inch drive with an allen wrench on it that is long enuf to get thru the small hole. So you dont have to much leverage. The circular bracket you are seeing is there so the stock bolt will not fall out.That stays with that stock, that bolt length for that stock. Also if you want you can put just a drop of clear fingernail polish on the threads so when you snug your stock it will act like a very weak loctite so bolt stays tight. Like i said ONLY A DROP..

WesleyB

3. dave weaver

dave weaver Member

Where can you buy a 9" 5mm allen wrench. I have talked to the store that I bought my XT from and they said that Browning does not include the wrench with a M/C stock ~ only those with an adjustable comb?

I have looked all over the internet but I am unable to locate one.

dave

4. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Wesley,

Thanks. I don't recall ever seeing long allen wrenches. Maybe because I've never needed one before I just haven't noticed them hanging there.

Tom

5. WesleyB

Tom ,, Dave

They are out there.. I have a T handle set that barely clears the but of the stock.. Also I have seen in tool stores... Harbor Freight ETC. Allen wrenches that fit socket wrenches that are about 5 inches long. Then you can get an extension to get up past the stock.

The MC stock has a Bolt head that also can use a screw driver. The Adjustable Comb is the stock that uses the Allen wrench.

WesleyB

6. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Thanks again. I see that you can buy a whole set of 9 ince T handles for 12.99 from Amazon.com.

tom

7. WesleyB

Yes or Bite the bullet and order one from Browning.

8. Golden Beebe

Golden Beebe TS Member

The Battenfield's have it. I didn't see it on there site, but give them a call. I think it was around $10.00 Link above...

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Sears sells the T handle allens

10. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Perazzi's and Krieghoff's both use 5mm stock bolt tools. Check ebay. I've seen them on there in the past. The ring that you see inside the hole is a guide for centering the tool on it's way into the stock bolt.

Ed Yanchok

11. JLW

JLW TS Member

You could buy a piece of the correct size hex stock or allen wrench, cut it off and put the piece in a hex socket. (Metal dealer)

Try a bolt and screw company too.

Does Tron not have one?-Jerald

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi type stock bolt rench 5mm

what wrench for browning bt 99 stock