1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT99 Rebuild Shop In Ont., Canada???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rem870TB, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

I am looking for a shop which has a good reputaion for performing trigger work and installing a new locking bolt in a BT99.

If anyone has a shop to recommend, I would appreciate it.

I would rather not play "gunsmithing roulet" with someone I am not sure about their experience level with working on these guns, you get one chance to have it done right.

2. twopipe

twopipe Member

heard this guy is good

3. twopipe

twopipe Member

Or try Steve Milton in King City

4. MX3BT99

MX3BT99 TS Member

What about George Wortner in Chatham,Ont

5. ssashotsc

ssashotsc TS Member

George Wortner Gun Works, Chatham Ontario, built an excellent release-trigger for my Citori Plus...He would be my first choice. 1-888-998-2000.

Bill Beamish

6. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

Thanks, everyone

There are some good suggestions here.

I used to drop in at Wortners when I lived in London and I still get up to Chatham on business once and a while. George doesn't stock Browning guns now, though but he is good.

My 2005 manufacture BT99 has developed a 2 pound trigger pull; too light for me.

The trigger plate for this gun had a small, two prong, round wire spring in the inside rear of the trigger plate, secured by a flat screw. The prongs of the spring faced forward and beared down on the rear of the trigger, in a position that would offer some resistance to the trigger being pulled.

The thing is, these were broken and I assume this could be a reason for the lighter trigger pull.

This spring doesn't show on the BT99 parts diagram on the Midwest site but is is not some aftermarket modification because I owned the gun from new and have never had anything done to it.

I am thinking the first thing might be to obtain one of these and install it, assuming I can identify it and the sale is not restricted by Browning because it is a trigger part.

7. twopipe

twopipe Member

Browning warranty smith
    W R Longs LTD
    4992 Rice Lake Drive North
    Bewdley ON, K0L1E0
    905-797-2700
    Fax:905-797-2650

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.