1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT99 plus

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bisi, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Anybody know what a pull trigger for a BT 99 plus would cost, or if they use the same trigger as a regular BT99?

The reason I'm asking is because I "might" be buying one that I used to own, but the guy converted it to a release trigger.

At the Grand back in the mid to late 90s Browning discontinued the 99plus and dumped em on the market at the Grand. They were selling them for something like $999. I had to buy one for that price.

Well anyway I purchased one. Keep it a year or so in the box and then decided to shoot it. Shot 25 targets with it and decided I didn't like all the adjustments. Sold it to a local guy for about what I paid for it. Well now the guy is in his late 80s and is selling all his guns. So he called me and asked if I wanted to buy the gun back. He had a release put in it and I shoot a pull. We haven't talked price yet, but am thinking about buying it back, but I would have to have a pull trigger.

Just wondering what a pull trigger would cost or if you could convert the release back to a pull?

On the side - what happened to all those BT99pluses? Back in the 90s it seemed like everybody and their brother had one. I haven't seen one at a gun club in years. Just wondering where they all went.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.