1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT99 not ejecting shells

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Old 870, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old 870

Old 870 TS Member

I'm having a problem with my BT not ejecting shells all of the time. It's an early 70s model that has not been shot very much. Any ideas what the problem might be?

thanks Brian

2. canada

canada Member

The ejector spring, or the ejector itself might be broke. I had one when i first started to shoot and sometimes it would eject, sometimes not, then one day it just quit. We took it apart and found that the ejector had cracked into two pieces. If i remember right, you push the ejector forward and remove a little round pin to take it out. Take a look

3. mark54

mark54 Member

There is a long rod that goes through the receiver from the front, back to the trigger action. That rod wears & could cause your problem also.

Mark54 in Lititz

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I guess the first thing to check are the shells. Do they stick in the chamber?

They should rise a little, even if the ejector doesn't trip. So at this point, are they sticky?

I the shells will just fall out, then a mechanical problem is occuring. If it is mechanical, the problem should also happen just by dry-firing.

Without someone knowledgeable of the gun looking at it, you'll have to use the approach of "process of elimination".

Doug Braker

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Being intermittent, your problem is probablt the ejector trip rod. This is the small diameter rod along the left side of the receiver.

This rod needs a little resistance in the receiver. If it doesn't, it can slide back into the receiver and not trip the ejector sear.

Pull the stock off the receiver. Have the hammer in the cocked position. Grab the rod and see if it slides in the receiver freely. You may be able just to tip the receiver up and watch it fall against the mainspring plunger. It shouldn't feel loose or flost around freely.

A little test you can try before removing the stock is to rest the muzzle on the carpet(UNLOADED of course), and dry-fire it and then open it. It will usually work everytime. Now point the muzzle straight up and dry fire it. Keeping the muzzle pointing up, open the gun and see if the ejector trips.

If any of the above show the gun not ejecting, pull the trip rod from the gun and put a slight bend in the middle. You don't need very much, just enough to feel in drag in the hole.

One other thing you can check when the stock is off, is the little round button soldered to the trip rod. This button helps keep the rod in the proper location, by fitting into a corresponding slot in the receiver.

6. Old 870

Old 870 TS Member

I guess I should have given a little more detail. The shells don't stick at all, if they don't eject you can easily pull them out. It also acts the same way with Snap Caps or emptys, it will eject 10 times in a row then not eject, then eject the next few. Now it just stopped ejecting all together. I don't see anything broken. Is it possible there is some sort of a timming issue? I don't mind taking the gun apart, I just need to be pointed in the right direction before I start.

thanks Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt 99 ejector spring

ejecting problem for bt-99
trap shells not ejecting