1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT99 Micro vs. Standard

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GGib, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GGib

GGib TS Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Wife and I both new to trap. Starting to shop for BT99's.
    Wife is 5'4", Has short arms. I'm 5'7"
    I understand the Micro has shorter LOP. Are other parts of the Micro stock also scaled down, such as hand grip areas?

It's easier to find standard BT99 and have LOP reduced if that's the only difference.
  2. wheelchair shooter

wheelchair shooter TS Member

Jan 1, 2009
    I had a micro and the recoil was pretty stiff. I would recommend at Beretta 3901 RL for your wife. It has the shorter LOP and very mild recoil. If you don't wnat to have the hulls hitting the other people you can get a shell catcher and that will stop that problem. Just my 2 cents.

Thad Bellow
  3. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Gib, 1st congrats to BOTH of you.

One of the very, Very, VERY best investments you can make for any woman shooter (and you, too) that is not 6' and 165+ is a Wenigs twisted-sister stock in the wimmin's and kid's configuration.

For a BT-99, they are a stock item, and regular 99s are pretty easy to find, and pretty cheap if you can find a 32" bbl, which would probably work better for her, anyhow.

Shoot 1100fps 1oz (or 7/8, even) loads of #8½, and you can run 200 ... if Y'ALL can point the gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.