1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT99 micro of O/U

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jmdmt, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmdmt

jmdmt TS Member

Dec 28, 2005
    What would be considered the BT99 Micro of the over/unders for young and female shooters. I have two grandsons and a daughter that are looking for a good o/u. jmdmt
  2. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Feb 7, 2006
    rock port, mo
    personally - i wud call guns unlimited omaha ne- they are very big browning dealers as well as other brands and sell to many youth shooters in the neb. hischool trap conferance.
    they have a bunch of good employees but "dan" will be at doniphan for the national highschool shoot, after a 1700 kid event- i think they'd know your answer!!
    --call them 402-339-0771 good shooting wally riebesell
  3. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

May 11, 2008
    My Wife shoots a browning Special Skeet with 28" ported barrels,it works very well for smaller framed shooters.Jerry
  4. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Jan 7, 2007
    ACSS was close but really we are expecting closer to 1,850 shooter just like last year. On any Saturday, from now until May, 1000+ kids are shooting in their conferences in preparation for the NE state shoot. AWE, I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning!!! Loading the trailer soon. Omaha
  5. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Mendon, Mi
    There is one of what you are looking for on gunsamerica right now.....

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2006
    S-E PA
    If they are so small that you need a reduced stock you might consider an auto for them... It will eat a lot of the recoil and make shooting much more pleasant for them.

Beretta made a 390 - 20 ga with 26 inch barrel called the 'youth extended' (as I recall there was a similar version made in the 391) - stock had a 1 inch spacer that was easily removable. I bought this for my son and he shot the be-jesus out of it. Now he is my size and using full sized guns, but with the spacer back in it is a great field gun for him.

The nice thing is, if I wish to introduce a new young/small shooter three minutes with a screw driver and I have the short stocked gun once again.

Further, the 26" barrel made a BIG difference on the trap field...

Food for thought,

David D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.