1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT99 MAX Information

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goodhookset, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goodhookset

goodhookset TS Member

I look at information on the site all the time, and am always impressed with all the knowledge everyone has about shotguns. When I was looking at one of the threads, it talked about different spacing from the end of the top of the barrel of a BT 100 to the top of the rib--1/4", 5/16" or 3/8". My brothers BT 100 measurement from top of barrel to top of rib height is 3/8" . I have a BT 99 MAX and the spacing, of the top of the barrel to the top of the rib is really close to 7/16", measured with a micrometer.. Is this normal? Anyone else have a different height on a BT99 MAX ? Thanks in advance Leon

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The built in POI of a fixed rib Trap Gun depends on the downward slope of the rib in other words the difference between the height of the rib at the muzzle and the breech. My MX-3 Single barrel has a steeper slope on the rib and a higher POI than the TMX and a considerably higher POI than the O/U barrel set.

3. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Shootlow,
    Does that mean when you bought a Max back in the day you could order which one you wanted based on your preferred sight picture? I bought one recently and it shoots relatively flat as does my other BT of about the same vintage? Thanks for the interesting/valuable info. Jim W

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.