1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bt99 leo special question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by transalpian, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. transalpian

transalpian TS Member

Greetings!

I just picked up an '87 vintage BT99, 34", fixed full. The gun is mechanically in very good shape, lever to right of center, still tight. Cosmetically, it is only passable, but the price was right.

This gun has the last two digits of the serial number engraved on the rib, along with the receiver being engraved as well.

I was told this makes it a Leo's Special. I didn't put any special value on that at purchase but now am wondering what that means.

This BT is blued and the engraving is on all sides of the receiver, as well as on the metal on the forend. Other than the engraving, is there anything else "special" about a Leo Special?

Thanks!

'alp
    [​IMG]

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Alp. As with the rest of us on TS.com. you can sey you havve a "Leo's" and we may not believe you untill you post pictures of the gun. It ain't hard. Just Hit the insert/Upload Image just above the message box and follow the prompts.

3. transalpian

transalpian TS Member

How's that? I do suck as a photographer, but I'm a poor shot too!

I guess my question "should" have been: Is this a Leo's special?

Thanks!

'alp

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

The question is do you know leo ??

5. transalpian

transalpian TS Member

As Sgt Schultz used to say, I know NOTHING !!!

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Well like alot of very nice people Leo is dead . He was a good guy a gun dealer in PA. And a Browning nut . REP

7. transalpian

transalpian TS Member

So what makes his guns "special"? I've seen some other examples with gold inlays and REALLY nice engraving. My gun has none of these features. Was it only cosmetics? Was the serial number engraving the "mark" of a Leo gun?

Don't get me wrong, I didn't buy this gun on the Leo pedigree. I bought it because it had everything I wanted: 34" barrel, fixed full choke, std (non-Monte Carlo) stock, no porting, and good mechanical condition. I'm just curious what I really have.

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Sounds like a standard gun.Only pics will tell

9. transalpian

transalpian TS Member

There is a pic above showing the rib serial number. I thought that was unique to the "specials". Am I mistaken?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.