1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bt99 issue help??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mike T, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike T

mike T Member

I was looking at a bt 99 serial # PR199. Looked good a little blueing wear but lever to the right and seemed tight. Good price. Took it home and ran a rod down it. looked like the barrel was dirty. Ran a brass brush down still looked dirty ran a tornado brush down still looked dirty down about 1/2 or so. I really think it was rusted/pitted. Could not get it out. What do you think? The guy said he had not shot it for a few years. It was in a regular gun case with a fuzzy lining. If it was pitted what would it cost to have it polished out? Or would it be worth it? By the way the owned could not see it. I offered to have him look at my Beretta to see a shimmed barrel, but he said it was late no need. At this time I have my money back. Maybe my fault I shoud have looked down the barrel
    mike t

2. mike T

mike T Member

met to say mirror finish barrel not shimmed barrel.

3. mike T

mike T Member

having dumb fingers " I MEANT" IS WHAT I MEANT TO SAY
    Sorry
    mike t

4. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Work it over with a scotchbrite pad and bore cleaner on the rod. Use it as a bargaining point. It may clean up fine and a little pitting won't really matter. I wouldn't be too quick to pass up a bargain.

5. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

You could try this or not, just a suggestion. Get a container of fine valve grinding compound or polishing compound, use a bore mop and an old cleaning rod. Put the rod on a variable speed drill.

Carefully run it threw a few times then go threw it again with bore cleaner and see how it looks. Its just a thought and never done it on a trap gun but on several old military rifles.

Jerry Lewis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.