1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT99 Hi-Grade For Sale

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Game Warden, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Game Warden

Game Warden Member

Cleaning out safe - have new (bought as back-up gun in 2006 and only fired two rounds of trap) 2006 BT99 Hi-Grade model (gun is #46 of 100) with 34" barrel, invector plus chokes, beautifully figured monte-carlo stock and beaver tail forend, high gloss finish, silver engraved receiver, and includes matching new Browning luggage case (case has never had gun in it). No marks on gun; box and all original paperwork included. $1600 plus shipping to FFL from AZ. Please email (drop XX off both ends of address above) for phone number to discuss. Thank you.

2. X-FACTOR

X-FACTOR TS Member

You have mail

3. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Mr. Warden,
    Dont know if youd be interested but I have a nice MDL 12 trap would be willing to do parrial trade if you think you might be interested. If not good luck Jim W

4. Game Warden

Game Warden Member

Thanks for all of the interest - I had no idea the popularity. The BT sold this AM to first email. Ken - thanks
    Game Warden

5. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Glad you sold it already, may I ask you one Question ??? The reciever on the Hi Grade what coating is on it is it Silver Nitride, Nickle Nitride, or is it Stainless Steel, I also have one and No one even Hi-Grade Shooters supply where I bought it seems to Know, I even called Browning and they told me it is Silver Nitrate, but I still have my doubts because their Golden clays is Silver Nitride, and the Golden clays model is a lot shiner than mine, the reason that I am asking is mine has a crack in the trigger guard and i have to get a New one somewhere, so you input is appreciated. Thanks Tony

6. WarEagle2017

7. WarEagle2017

8. Game Warden

Game Warden Member

Tony - I do not know and am surprised that Browning is unsure. Beautiful gun!

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

that gun isn't that old Tony...why won't they repair under warranty???

10. WarEagle2017

You are right Calvin, I recieved it at Prince Georges Trap Club on Jan 28, I tried to shoot it there that day and found out that I could not shoot it without a release trigger, ( I started flinching again) I only fired 6 shells out of it and flinched twice, so I knew that I had to send it out for a release, a few shooters handled the gun just to look it over, and all agreed that it is a really nice looking BT99, no one noticed any imperfections on the gun, ( Pobaly because there wasn't any to notice) two days later I went to Vegas for a week and the Gun sat in my safe, when I got back I sent it to _____ ( I dont want to say who until I get this resolved ( because right now I am one PISSED OFF POLOCK ) for a Release Trigger and a Gracoil w/ adj. LOP and adjustable comb, I sent it out to them on the 16 of March, and I got it back ( 5 weeks later ) the 20 th. of April, ( last friday ) Naturally I could not wait to try my new Release Trigger, so I put in a snap cap closed the gun pulled the trigger and NOTHING HAPPENED, the release did not work, Now it would work if I held the trigger back as I closed the gun,and had to keep holding it back until I sholdered it to fire, well I was confused as to this operation, because my Kolar and or my Perazzi does not set this way, so I called the installer of the trigger, and he said that they must of forgot to file some little piece in the reciever, and my instructions were to send it back and that they would fix it,( Now Picture me getting more and more pissed at this moment )Ok now with all of that said I looked at the Bill that they sent me for the work, of which I did not have a problem with,$865.00 but I did have a BIG Problem with a little note at the botton of the Bill, it said " Comment :"Trigger Guard is cracked - it should not hamper the performance of the release", well at this time I am about Shitting a brick!!so I called them back and asked them what the Hell is going on, and that is was not cracked when I sent it to them, they claim that they recieved it that way, and they also said that they did not crack it, they said that it must of happened in shipping, Now the shop that I sent it to is an authorized Browning repair facility, and they did not even have the common courtsy to call me and tell me that they recieved it cracked ( I have a problem beleving that ) they did all of the above mentioned work and sent it back to me with a cracked Trigger Guard...and after I called them thay told me to file a claim with the Postal Service because that is where it must of got cracked, Now let me say that I had packaged it in a carton that was sent to my son from Kolar which originaly contained His new Twisted Sister stock, the carton was in perfect condition,inside the carboard carton is a well fitted styrofoam cutout made just for a buttstock, I just had to cut away a little of the foam to pack the Bt99 stock in it, after they got it and did there work they sent it back to me in the same well packaged carton, which even when I got it back shows no damage to the carton at all, thay still claim that it could of been done by "SHOCK" Well I may have been Born at Night but as the saying goes IT WASN'T LAST NIGHT" The gun is back there now so I am not devulging there name until I get this resolved, My next step may well be Small claims court, I even called the place where I bought the Gun HI-GRADE SHOOTERS SUPPLY and asked them if they have ever sent out a gun with a cracked trigger guard and they said that that has never happened, and I do believe them.( _____'s The Place that did the work said that if the post office did not do it it must of been sent new to me that way. Now I am attaching some pics that I took after I got it back of the trigger guard and of the carton, as anyone can plainly see the trigger guard was cracked as it was being removed from the reciever, if you are familuar with the new style trigger guards on the BT99 there is No screw in the back, instead there is a retaining pin that has to be removed fron the reciever after the stock has been removed then after the pin is removed you have to turn the trigger guard at a right angle and that will detach it from the front mounting, well the crack is in the front of the trigger guard, so anyone can clearly see that when the pin was removed that someone pulled the rear portion down to far and cracked the guard in the front.
    I am attaching some pics Tell me what you think.<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a><a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a><a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a><a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a><a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

11. WarEagle2017

Yea Game Warded I did call Browning and asked them what the coating is on the HI-Grade first they said the that run of 100 was mahe by Mikoru in Japan and that they did not have that info, then the girl that I spoke to went to ask a supervison and he said that it is the same as the Golden Clays but I dont think that it is because the Golden clays id much shineier than this one in my opinion it it either Nickel or Stainless, I did order a stainless trigger guard for it and I recieved it yesterday and it looks like a perfect match it was only 60 bucks but I dont really know if it is going to fit because the one I ordered and recieved if from a short tang Bt-100 I wont know until I get the gun back fron the shop, Now I do know that the one from the Golden clays cost $260 but is engraved a lot more than the HI-Grade, if they repair the one that I have at the shop I will return the stainless one.

12. WarEagle2017

Oh Yea Calvin, about repairing it under warranty that is exactaly what I stated to them in a letter that I included in the box with the gun that i just shipped back to them,I also included the dated reciept from HI-GRADE SHOOTERS SUPPLY to prove the date of purchase, I guess I'll just have to wait for ROUND#3 of this Fight to find out if they are going to do that, becauseI was told by that repair facility that thay do not have the time to call and talk to everyone that sends them a gun that is damaged. PISS POOR BUSINESS COMMUNUCATIONS POLICY IF YOU ASK ME !!! If they would of called me I would have stopped the additional work and I would of notified the seller, which again sort of proves the fact that it was not damaged when they recieved it. Dont you think that an authorized Browning Rep. would have notified the owner if they seen this when it first arrived, They said that they did not know that is was a New Gun. Oh well like I said I am Holding my Breath and waiting for Round #3 If they make it good all I'll offer is Praise, but if they dont, you will see a lot more posted here, and I hope that I dont have to Go there, because I can really be Nasty when I know that I have been Screwed.

13. WarEagle2017

14. oilburner

oilburner TS Member

It's obvious they broke it and are/were trying to pass the buck. Keep on them and if they screw you, bust their balls on this website.

15. WarEagle2017

Yea oilburner I hope that it dont come to that, because they were recommended to me by some very prominent people in our Trapshooting circle, I dont want to name any names at this time, and from what i have heard that they do so very good work, I just hope that they realise their mistake and fix the problem because I can get very Nasty, and i really dont want to go there, when they tell me Bull shit like that the package dont have to show any damage that the damage to the trigger guard could of been caused by shock, they are insulting my intelligence of which I have LITTLE.
    They should be more consirned with my Patience of which I have none.

16. BP348

BP348 Active Member

I wopuld think that if they're recommended by several people on this site that they'ed want to fix the problem. If the get a bad rep here it's going to cost them a lot more than what it's going to cost to fix the trigger guard.

All it takes is 2 or 3 shooters to decide to send their guns someplace else and they start loosing out.

Let us know what happens

17. WarEagle2017

I will defintly post the results here, Like I said above I am waiting for Round #3 and I really Hope it dont come, because I am not one to give up.

18. CalvinMD

Sorry they've been treating you so poorly Tony...Its pretty evident they broke it trying to get it off...by the way..the finish is called titanium nitride..and it can tweaked to come out a whole range of colors..hope you come out on the good end of this situation

19. WarEagle2017

Thanks Calvin where did you get the info on the Titanium nitride ?????

20. CalvinMD

Arts Gun Shop..they do alot of Browning repair and refinishing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.