1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT99 FOREARM STUCK

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by seitz647, Aug 24, 2013.

1. seitz647

seitz647 Member

Friend has bt99 golden clays forearm will not come off, lever releases but seems something is holding it on - anyone have a fix?

Thanks
    JM

2. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

I have a BT with a different barrel that has been fit to it. I couldn't get the forend off, so I called the gunsmith who fit it and explained the problem.

He said to grab the barrel with your right hand just above the forend and then push with your thumb while releasing the take down lever.

Comes right off.

3. seitz647

seitz647 Member

no this thing is jammed - probably something loose or sheered off in forearm

4. Basfshmn

Basfshmn Member

I would say you are right about the sheered off. I have a golden clays that sheered the rear screw off. This seems to be a common thing with the 2005 and up ( I think that's the year)newer BT99 Brownings. This has been the worst design change ever made. I have seen at least 10 newer Bt's that the screws were either loose or sheered. I gave mine to Rod's custom stocks and he put inserts in the forearm for the screws to go into instead of just screwing into the wood. That's been 3 years ago and I have never had a loose or sheered screw again. I'm sorry I can't help you on getting it off I wish I could, mine didn't jam on the barrel. if you can get it off, send it to Rod's, I know he has done quite of few of them. Hope everything works out for you. Rick

Search tags for this page
browning bt 99 forearm stuck on new gun

bt99 clays forarm is stuck