1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT99 Forearm Iron Fix

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tom berry, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

I have a newer style BT99 and was having trouble keeping the forearm iron tight in the forearm.

Upon taking it apart, I found that one screw had broken and that the other had already been replaced by a machine type screw with a threaded metal insert in the forearm. The screw heads were identical so I hadn't noticed a difference before.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement screw with the threaded insert that would match an original screw?

Thanks

Tom

2. arend003

arend003 Member

Not sure . what year your gun is but on my BT I had the one screw, wood screw in the fore arm replaced with a insert and sheet metal type screw.. took care of my loose forearm completely. Tom Larkin at thestockshop.net did the work for me
    Tom

3. vdt

vdt Active Member

i repair a BT-99 the same way last summer,i went to Rona hardware department in the wood insert section,the one i used was brass 8-32 i think

4. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Friend of mine had his forearm screws snap off too, must be weak screws from the factory...Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.