1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT99 Firing Pin

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wlc, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wlc

wlc Member

I have a new style BT99 with a broken firing pin. I would like to find out how to change it and where the best place to get a new one quickly is.

Thanks

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

www.e-gunparts.com has firing pins for $7.30 a piece. HMB

3. wlc

wlc Member

This one has the plug with three holes. I assumed it would unscrew with the correct tool/technique. The gun is one of the new style that Hi Grade had made up a few years ago. Has anyone removed the plug on one of these recently?

Thanks

4. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I have the tool but have never used it. I will bet the bushing is torqued in pretty tight. Probably needs to be placed in a milling machine or drill press to keep from buggering it up. That is what I had to do to get the top lever dog screw out. If you don't understand the technique don't try it.

5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Use a impact driver on the tool and you will have no problem with getting the bushing out. Call Brownell's 1-800-741-0015 the firing pin # is 149-007-760 and is $6.06 get a new return spring also which is 149-001-798 the cost is $5.64

6. wlc

wlc Member

Thanks to all who replied.

7. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

you may want to contact Browning and ask for an authorized repair shop in your area to handle warranty work. BT'S are supposedly lifetime firing pins. If not you won't be out anything but a few minutes of your time.

J.F.

8. wlc

wlc Member

Problem was not the firing pin. After speaking to Skeets Gun Shop, I found the little "helper spring" which is at the rear of the trigger had broken and apparently had ended up in front of the hammer preventing it from striking the firing pin. I say apparently because I never foung the broken spring. It probably fell out when I took the stock off or removed the trigger group. It works fine now. The gunsmith at Skeets was very helpful and informative and confirmed what Jack Frost said, broken BT99 firing pins are not common.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning bt99 fiing pin

browning bt99 firing pin
bt99 firing pin
how to remove a firing pin from a bt99