1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT99 ejector TO extractor?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I replaced the ejector springs in an old Citori - using a 1911 Firing Pin Return Spring. Worked well and I was even able to find the original spring that sprung out of my grasp (no, eye is still intact). It seems I could do the same thing on a BT99. Am I correct?

Larry

2. Ernesto1

Ernesto1 Member

Yes. I just did this to two BT99 Maxs. Same 1911 firing pin spring. Works perfectly and is easier because you are only involving one ejector. Same procedure as the Citor but a little different to release the tension on the ejector sear. You can push the sear upward with a stiff piece of plastic or if you are careful you can use a small flat blade screwdriver. This will release the ejector and facilitate removal of the stock spring with minimal pressure on the spring.

Darryl

3. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

Thanks, Darryl. I was hoping it was the same deal.

Total time - including cleaning the screws - about 5 minutes. I now have a very happy BT99 user standing with me on the trap line. I demonstrated the "new" extractor feature and she's one happy lady.

Larry

4. Ernesto1

Ernesto1 Member

Glad it went well. I have no idea why Browning made ejector only on the earlier 99s. Almost everyone at my club that has one has done the 1911 spring replacement.

Break 'em all. Darryl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to convert bt99 from eject to extract