1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT99 ejector - extractor conversion ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GGPOST, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GGPOST

GGPOST Member

I recently purchased a BT99 with ejectors. Can this gun be changed to extractors? Thanks

2. bggwind

bggwind TS Member

You can see a how-to tutorial here :
    http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=145108

I just bought an older Citori, but I haven't done it yet.

3. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Go to the URL above and look for part number B1793755. This is the ejector trip rod.

Remove stock, look for this rod, remove it. Now, the gun will only lift the fired shell.

Some years back I had a BT99 and removed this rod. The gun worked great, no problem with removing the spent shell by hand.

Frank

4. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Yes, you can remove the Ejector Trip Rods. However, that doesn't really achieve the best results in my opinion. By removing those rods, you stop the Ejector Sear from being tripped. This stops the Ejectors from firing, but it also limits their travel. By doing this the shell will only be lifted about 1/8" and that's not much to grab.

Changing out the Ejector Springs to the 1911 Firing Pin Return spring is better. This way the Ejector will still fire, but it's not strong enough to actually launch the shell. This will lift the spent shell the full distance and give you more to grip.

Here is a pic of a Citori XT. It's not a BT-99, but the ejectors work the same. As you can see the top barrel is only lifted a small amount, but the bottom is much higher. The top is what you would get by removing the trip rod and the bottom is what you get when you replace the spring. You decide...

Ejectorheight.jpg

5. Duck

Duck Member

Rastoff,

I have used your tip on three brownings. (from one of your earlier posts on the subject.) Many Thanks!.

6. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

OK, I'll bite.....why would you?

7. GGPOST

GGPOST Member

The reason I want to convert is my spouse prefers extractors and rather not have a spent shell shooting out of the barrel. She's shot with extractors on her old gun and loves the balance of the BT99 she just got. Just trying to make it more user friendly for her.

8. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Why?

The answer is a simple choice. Some prefer a Browning and some prefer a Beretta. We could list a host of reasons why, but none of it matters. The only thing that matters is that he wants to and it can be done. So why not?

9. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"OK, I'll bite.....why would you?"</i></blockquote>...maybe because he's not one of the lazy nimrods that let the gun chuck the empty hull over their shoulder for somebody else to pickup?

MK

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I have no problem catchin the empty as I open the gun. However, this may be hard for others to learn.

Batting it to the ground as it flies out a la Paxton, now that's Metro Kool.

HM

11. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

I suppose it could be hard for some trapshooters to put their hand over the shell. They don't have to let it fly, catch it, bat it or even let it leave the chamber....just cover it, stop it and pluck it.

I guess I've been hanging around sporting clay shooters too long. In that game, it's not just messy, but incredibly rude to let your empties fly. Yet, somehow, in 20 years I've never met one who disabled their ejectors.

That's why I visit here...to see how the smartest trapshooters think...

"The only thing that matters is that he wants to and it can be done. So why not?"

12. GGPOST

GGPOST Member

I personally like ejectors but my spouse likes extractors. We were able to purchase this BT99 at a very reasonable price with both adjustable comb and recoil pad.

I do agree with MK. Some shooters do aggravate the heck out of me when most all make the effort to collect their hulls and some are as MK states, "the lazy nimrods that let the gun chuck the empty hull over their shoulder for somebody else to pickup?" There is no excuse.

I digress, Thanks to all for the information on getting this done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning bt-99 ejector disabled

browning bt-99 ejector trip rod

browning bt-99 extractor

bt 99 extractor or ejector

bt 99 plus with ejector

how to convert bt-99 from ejector to just extractor

how to replace bt-99 ejector spring

remove bt99 ejector spring