1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bt99 date of manufacture

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by musky, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musky

musky TS Member

I just bought a really nice bt99 serial#01851RN. Could someone give me a date of manufacture and if this is a ggod year.Thanks for any help you can give me from larry.

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

RN = 79, which means 1979 manufacture. Still the old original style. Best trap gun for the money in my opinion, and probably the most sold. Flat shooter, like a field gun. How much you want for it? Just kidding. Jon

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The link above shows the code scheme.

4. musky

musky TS Member

does anybody else have any knowledge about this gun. Just wanting to learn as much about this gun as possible as this is the first 99 that i have purchased. I would rate the gun at 95%. Scroll engraved bluid receiver. Nice looking gun. Thanks for any help from larry.

5. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

hey Larry,
    I'm no experienced trapshooter - started this summer. Just obtained a 1979 BT-99 (34", full choke, conventional stock, competition forearm) and shot it once so far. I love the gun !! I naturally shoulder the gun ... and the beads are automatically stacked. I patterned it ... with the beads stacked the gun shot about 6-8" high for me. Throws a nice pattern. The full choke really smoked the birds. The gun does recoil a little bit - relatively speaking. I have sent the barrel out for 4" lengthen of forcing cone, have added 2.5oz lead to the forearm and 5oz to buttstock, and will put on a Kick-eez pad. I am hoping these changes will result in a slightly softer recoil. Dont get me wrong - the recoil was bearable ... and I was shooting 1-1/8 1225 loads. Just trying to make the gun ... the best it can be. Next, I am going to do the 1911 ejector spring replacement (hate having to block the ejected shell each time). The trigger isnt bad ... but thinking about having a smith fine-tune that. Cant wait till spring .. to get shooting again.
    Brian

ps ... so far, out of AA, Fed Top Gun, and STS re-loads ... the gun seemed to crush the birds best with the STS (Fig 8 wad, geen dot)

6. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

So now you have me confused. What is the year of manufacture for a 690022-b1 ? Jim

7. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Jim,

If you are referring to a 12ga Superposed, Grade B1, it would probably be 1959. But you have too many digits in the serial number. I'm assuming you meant 69022.

All of the Browning guns are on that website I've linked above. You just have to click on the "Date Your Firearm" portion of the link near the top of the page to navigate back to the listing.

8. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

V10, I could be wrong on one digit. This gun was stolen from my dad in '82. I don't think I'd have written it wrong in my paperwork. 690022 B1 is what I recorded. I know the gun was bought around the 1970 year. It was a regular model. Nothing fancy. Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.