1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT99/BT100

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Traders, May 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

I am considering buying either a BT99 or BT100. Either gun would be used exclusively for shooting trap. What's the difference between these guns. For clarification, I am not asking which is the better gun, I am asking what are the differences in the features of the gun.

2. flybyknight

flybyknight Member

The major difference is that the BT-100 has a removable trigger. There are slight differences in the shape of the forarm, and the stocks are slightly different too. Bob K

3. bt100ed

bt100ed TS Supporters TS Supporters

The other difference is that a BT100 has a higher rib than a BT99.
    Ed

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Also, With the removeable trigger the 100 can give you a eject or extract your emptyies depending on what you want with a simple adjment of a trigger screw. Also with a adj. screw in the trigger you can change the pull from about 5 l/2 pounds to 3 l/2 pounds. Both of these features are on the high gloss finish and stainless steel finish guns. The low luster finish l00 only has the eject/extract feature with no pull adjustment feature, but still has the higher rib and drop out trigger. Good Luck with your choice. Break=em all. Jeff

5. JOND

JOND TS Member

Neither safe for hunting-NO SAFETY !!!! JOND

6. Trap4

Trap4 Member

Jond, reread the original thread--It would be used exclusively for TRAP--not hunting

Trap-4

7. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Pull & Mark , I think you have the low luster 100 backwards. It is extract only with trigger pull adjustment.

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Johnny, You may be correct. Thanks for the heads up. My memery is not what it used to be. I know it missing one of the two. Break-em all. Jeff

9. pdq

pdq Member

Also, be aware that there are variations with the lines. I just bought a BT-99 Grade III which is different than a base model in a number of ways.

Pete

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Yeah the matte finish BT 100 had extract only. The other finishes had the option to switch from eject/extract on the drop out trigger. I believe all models had adjustable trigger pull length. I know my matte finish 100 did. The BT 100's also had changeable triggers. Mine came with a right cant, left cant and straight triggers held on by set a set screw. The set screw is also how the trigger is adjusted for length of pull. Either the BT 99 or BT 100 are great Trap guns and used by many. Its simply a singles/handicap gun though. There is no available O/U barrel for doubles if that is a requirement.

Hunting??? Are you freak'n serious?

Here is a pic of both although my 100 shown has the Thumbhole stock as most don't. Note the rib height difference.
    [​IMG]

11. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the information.

12. JOND

JOND TS Member

Just trying in my small way to let anyone who may not know that the BT100 and BT99 are not equipped with safetys. Gun safety is always job one. JOND

13. d endicott

d endicott Member

14. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

Don't forget to mention the BT-99+ which has a higher adjustible rib and recoil reducer and adj comb! There are millions of combinations of BT-99's!

15. jhmorrisn

jhmorrisn TS Member

Is there an adjustment to lighten the trigger on the BT99?

16. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

The BT-99 Max is the same as a BT-100 but the trigger is
    not removeable.

17. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

There is no trigger adjustment on the BT99. There were three different BT100s made. The difference was in the point of impact. One shot 60/40, one shot 70/30, and one shot 80/20. The difference is distinguishable by the height of the rib at the muzzle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt 100 point of impact

bt99 trigger adjustments

trap shooting guns bt100