1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bt99 / Bt 100 stocks

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bear2, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bear2

bear2 TS Member

Can some one tell me the difference between these two stocks? Can they be interchanged ? I am looking for a stock with adjustable comb for a Bt 100.Was wondering if a 99 stock would work.
    Thanks,
    Barry

2. Duck

Duck Member

Barry,

Been awhile since I had either my memory (suspect) says the 100 had a wider and/or possibly longer tang. The 99 was never offered with a drop out trigger
    and I believe all but one model of the 100 came with drop out trigger's this made the stock somewhat wider at the trigger opening on the 100. Hopefully some one with more current knowledge will respond.

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I also shoot a BT 100 and can tell you that they do not interchange with one another at all. I talked to Vern at PFS and tried to get their recoil system on my BT-100 and they do not have a grip that will fit. They have one for the BT-99 but will not work on the BT-100. Their other one for a Browning will not fit the BT-100 as well. You will need a stock off another BT-100 or have one made.You might be better off having a adj. Comb installed on the stock you have already. Good Luck. Break-em all. JEff

4. bear2

bear2 TS Member

I thought that I could save my monte carlo/thumbhole stock,if I wanted to sell it at a later date and cut a "new" stock to fit me.I hate to cut the stock I have ,and find that I don`t like what I have.
    Thanks for all the info,I just wish I could do this a little differently.
    Thanks,
    Barry

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

If you have a top outfitter do the work, it will turn out very nice and improve the guns overall value. If it is done poorly, well you can guess.There are many to choose from in the Trap and Field. You can't go wrong with the Country Gentleman. Good Luck and Break-em all. JEff

6. bear2

bear2 TS Member

Jeff,
    Thanks for the info .I was just trying to get away from the thumbhole stock and get a "regular" stock.I have a short LOP and worry about resale if I don`t like it after I cut the stock.
    Thanks for the good info.
    Barry

7. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Do a WTB thread on here. A friend of mine found one on TS.com. Bill Malcolm

8. bear2

bear2 TS Member

Thanks Bill I`ll try it
    Barry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page