1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT99 Broke Today

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kjsncnb, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjsncnb

kjsncnb Member

My sons BT99 broke today, it will not cock, firing pin is there, acts like a spring to me but I have not had a bt99 apart. Any suggestions on what it is?

Kelly

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They are not very complicated, take off the stock and have a look.

HM

3. nsguy

nsguy Active Member

Most likely it's the ejector trip rod. Not a big deal to change but the tip that sticks out from the receiver needs to be fitted for proper timing. Dave

4. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

What nsguy said. My BT100 had the same problem and it was the trip rod. It was bent all to hell.

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

The cocking lever is on the bottom of the receiver. Kind of square and long. It sticks out slightly from the front of the receiver, like the ejector trip rod. It fits inside of a slot in the forend iron. When the breach is opened the forend iron pushes the cocking lever down, cocking the hammer and setting the trigger. With the breach open look and see if the cocking lever is raised up toward the face of the receiver. If the gun opens very easily, I would say you have a bad mainspring. So there is no resistance against the hammer. If there is resistance then the trigger is not setting, or the Sear is not catching on the hammer. Could be a worn sear or broken sear spring. Possible trigger spring. The ejector rod could be the problem if it did not eject shells. Take the stock off and open the breach and see how the parts react. Something is not pushing, or catching. Jon

6. nsguy

nsguy Active Member

Did you ever get the problem solved? We'd like to hear the results. dave

7. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

There are a few possibilities. The most common cause of this problem is dirt. A small piece of dirt gets on the trigger sear and doesn't allow it to engage. Thus, the hammer won't stay cocked.

A second possibility is something getting caught under the trigger safety. However, if this happened you wouldn't be able to open the gun either.

Of course, the trigger sear could be worn to a point where it won't hold no matter what you do. That is unlikely.

The main spring could break, but it would still operate a little. I don't think it's the spring.

The ejector trip rod is not the problem unless it is interfering with the hammer or main spring.

8. kjsncnb

kjsncnb Member

Thanks for all your help...Got it fixed...I had taken it apart and done some work on it before our last shoot, cleaned and lubed the trigger assembley, then went shooting, must of losened years of old stuff. Took it apart and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned it...Works fine. I am going to replace the springs with J & P spring kit before we go out again.

Kelly

9. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

If you haven't replaced the springs before you will be in for a treat. The J&P mainspring is stiff. Don't lose the insert on the end of the top lever spring. It can be launched into orbit when you pry the spring loose. After you lose it, order two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt 99 ejector spring