1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT99 and Cynergy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by NANK, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NANK

NANK TS Member

I have a BT 99 for singes and Handicap, looking at a Cynergy classic trap for doubles. Will these two guns shoot similar or would I be better off getting the Cynergy for everything and using my BT for a back up? Thoughts and recommendations appreciated. Been shooting trap since March, have broken 50 at singles. My club has me soot at the 21 for HC, usually in mid 20's for scoring from there.

Thanks,

Ken

2. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

If you can afford the Cynergy combo or for that matter even the Cynergy go for it, NO 2 guns shoot exactly the same and will require tuneing but when tuned YES they will shoot comparably the same.

I have a BT and an XT and both have adj combs and both are adjusted differently to get the gun to shoot the same way for me.

Just a thought as much as I like Browning and have had 3 myself and the wife shoots hers VERY well try as many as you possibly can before you settle for something.

Good Luck

Jerry Lewis

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I shoot the TMX for Singles and Handicap and the MX3 for Doubles. I know shooters with a combo who are having POI problems between the 2 barrel sets and have to fiddle with the comb between events. I have a single barrel for the MX3 but have decided to keep it in the case and just use it as a back up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.