1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT100

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tboner, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tboner

Tboner TS Member

Will anyone give me any info on pros and cons of a Browning BT100. I shot one many years ago for a few rounds and shot really well with it. I did not shot any trap after that until recently. I am interested in a trap gun and just need a little input from some shooters.
    Regards,
    Terry

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Terry, Not sure if you want pro's or cons on which gun. I have a Bt-100. The high gloss is nice, and has the drop out trigger with adj. trigger. App. 3 & one half pounds to the normal 5& one half. Also has the Adj. screw for eject hull or lift hull. Mine is ported, Invector plus barrels (overbored)with slightly reduced forcing cones. I believe the stainless version is the same. The Satin finish one has the drop out trigger but without the adj. pull and adjustable eject or lift feature. The BT-99's do not offer the drop out trigger and the newer ones with invector plus chokes do not eject the hulls. If you go with the older BT-99's you have fixed chokes and the eject feature. The older guns in my opion are a better hand fitted gun.I have not weighed the two but I think the BT-100's are a little heavier as well. Good Luck. Break-em all. Jeff

3. HarryK

HarryK TS Member

Terry

I picked-up a nice BT-100 here on TS.com a few months ago. Beside the features Pull & Mark described above mine also came with a custom Wenig New American Trap stock and Gracoil recoil reducer installed. I also like the drop out trigger that can be set for eject or extract and adjustable pull. The BT-100 also has a higher rib then the BT-99.

I also have BT-99 Plus, but the Wenig stock on the 100 just seems to fit me better. I live in Maryland and if your anywhere near by let me know and you are welcome to try both of mine. Harry

4. BMC

BMC Member

Terry, I have a BT100 with an adj. comb and RAD2 recoil system. It is a wonderful gun to shoot. Very forgiving and a target destroyer when I'm on um. I love shooting that gun, for me it just fits nice and shoots so well. I don't shoot it as much now as I did because it is lighter than I would like. I need a heavy gun. I fit it for my son and his scores jumped up dramatically the first rounds he shot with it. If it were just about two pounds heavier I'd probably still be shooting it all the time.
    That is one gun you can't go wrong with.

5. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

I have shot the BT100 also, but went with the BT99 Plus gun. It had more adjustments to it, and I could set the POI higher with the adj. comb and adj. rib. It also came with the recoil reducer. So for me, I liked the Plus better than the BT100. Steve

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I've had 3 of them..great shooters that work best for those who prefer very flat shooting guns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.