1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT100 Locking Bolt

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hmb, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Have him degrease the receiver. Removing the excess lube can solve the problem. Use a cue tip or pipe cleaner dipped in solvent to do the job. You can also dip the receiver in a can filled with mineral spirits to flush out the excess lube. HMB

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The top lever springs on the BT-100 tend to soften quite quick. This doesn't allow the gun to lock up tight enough.(bolt digging deep enough into the bbl's lugs)

One note though....The top lever spring's soul purpose is NOT to keep the locking bolt locked up. It's only pupose is for the closing and lock up of the gun.

A properly fittied locking bolt will "hold it's own" even without a top lever spring. A worn or improperly fitted bolt will continue to be a nagging problem, even with the most powerful spring.

Doug Braker

3. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Doug I clicked on your link and could not get your website to open up. Where are you located?

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Bridgetoofar, have your friend call Brownells 800-741-0015 and order #149-001-751 thats the top lever spring. Priority shipping and the cost of the spring will be less then $20 Its a 10 minute replacement.

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I checked the link and it worked for me. I'm in Minnesota. On locking bolt rebuilds, I do my best to turn them around in a week. The cost is $125. This includes close inspection of the bbl's lug and re-cutting it flat (to 8 degrees) if neccessary.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.