1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT100 Front Bead, Is it Removable?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vpr80, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I bought a HiViz sight for my BT100 to try it out, but when I went to put it on, I realized that the front bead doesn't look like it's removable. It's like this little square block with the bead on the side of it. Can someone tell me if in fact it is a screw-on or it's not removable?

Thanks

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Ok so just grab the whole thing and turn counter-clockwise to unscrew? Won't I scratch the top of the rib with a circular ring while unscrewing?

3. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Am I missing something? Why remove it? I put my wife's just behind it.

Guy Babin

4. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I got the one that screws in (don't want to tape).

5. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Honestly, I don't know, but I'm sure somebody else here does. But if you just want to try one, there are inexpensive magnetic beads that might be worth a look.

I blacked mine out with a magic marker a couple of years ago because it was too big of a distraction, but I know not everybody feels that way. A lot of shooters like them.

It does seem that dropping $20.00 (or borrowing one from someone else) to see how you like a big green pumpkin on your muzzle would make sense.

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Alright I will give it a try tonight and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

7. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

If the sight didn't scratch anything being installed it shouldn't scratch anything being removed. As it loosens it moves up.

8. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

USE A HAIR DRIER TO HEAT THE LOCK TITE THAT KEEPS IT IN. IT WILL COME OUT EASILY. Fred

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

It is slightly recessed and wont hurt a thing, but you may with your wrench so it is up to you

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I've had excellent luck attaching these sights with silicon glue. It's fast (except for drying time), sticks really well(never had one come off yet), and can be removed without a trace. The tape they give you works well too (I've used both) if you clean the rib with Gumout. Don't do anything permanent as they are made of plastic and will likely need replacemnet some day after you've hit your groove with it. As soon as you've adjusted, buy a spare. Good luck.

11. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Member

You bet it's removable. Do you have one of these?
    <a href="http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/3miles/?action=view&current=ANGLEGRINDER230.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Sorry, couldn't resist.

12. cpd544

cpd544 Member

I just removed the from bead on mine. Took the glow worm off and replaced with the factory sight. I used a solder gun and held it on the sight for a few minutes then it screwed right out. Easy and caused no damage to the gun.
    Jim - cpd544

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.