1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT100 Extract or Eject

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DustyOne60, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DustyOne60

DustyOne60 Active Member

My BT100 does everything I ask of it. Except it will not Extract. Only Eject. The manual says it will. My trigger group looks the same as in the manuals. When I rotate the proper screw 180 degrees = no change.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Dusty

2. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I would like to know this as well. I have a BT-100 which is one that should change to extractor, but don't have a manual. Let me know what you find out. Martinpicker

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Dusty: Turn/click the slotted head back and forth a few times then dry fire several times with a snap-cap. If it keeps ejecting, turn the slotted head 180 degrees till it clicks once and dry fire a couple more times. That should do it.

-Gary

4. DustyOne60

DustyOne60 Active Member

Gary:

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.

Cheers, Dusty

5. DustyOne60

DustyOne60 Active Member

Gary:

I followed your recommendation and nothing changed. I can hear the "click" when I rotate the screw, however it still only ejects.

Thanks for the thought.

Dusty

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Sorry, Dusty. Two of the three BT-100s I've owned had a one-time, brief reluctance to switch modes as you are experiencing. All I did was spray the trigger group thoroughly with Rem Oil and cycle a few times like I said above. Problem was fixed and never came back.

-Gary

7. Duck

Duck Member

My 100 would extract and eventually return to eject I would repeat etc.
    Rastoff here posted about the use of Colt 1911 firing pin springs used in place of ejector springs in the forearm. They poop the shell out just right without leaving the chamber after firing yet will raise a loaded shell enough to remove if not fired!.
    I have converted all my Brownings, singles and O/Us!. Try it you'll like it!.

PS the springs are/were $1.50 - $4.00 ea. depending on the brand!.

8. Strait Shooter

Strait Shooter Member

which model BT-100 do you have Satin model {dull finish} or blued model? If you bought it used and it is the satin model and by chance the trigger is from a blued model it may work like you described.

9. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Browning warranty guy (Eyster) told me to take the forearm off before I change the setting in the trigger group. dry fire, take forearm off, change eject button and put back together - seemed to work for me. I don't know the correct name for the part but it's the rod that runs along the inside of receiver. That button either makes contact with the small bent tip of it or allows it to come out a bit. Very small tolerance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.