1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-this & BT-that

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lumper, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ok ... I dont own one but am thinking of getting one but which one I aint got a clue on. I see BT-this and BT-that but what just is that or this?

From what I can see and tell you can either get a BT-99 with a fixed comb or an adjustable come. They come in 32" & 32" barrels with a full choke only. There are some special ones that are made for Gander and the SHOT show but they are basicly the same as the regular BT- but just a different stock and finish.

I have seen BT-100 but understand that is just a predecessor to the BT-99. The micro is a shrunken stock for a up & coming child, lady or a wimpy man and the really fancy one is the Clay model with the Graco but and fancy dancy engraving but just what else is available in the BT-99?

I have seen mention of thumb hole stocked model but I am sure that is aftermarket but is it custom aftermarket or does somebody stock one? Is there an optional fiberoptic site or just the standard white bead?

Just what else is available for this gun? Is the $250+ extra for the Browning adj comb worth it or is an aftermarket adj comb a better deal?

Dang ... this is all making my head spin, I think I will just get that NEF hammer model 12ga down at the pawn shop instead, it was only $79 and its own custom designed adjustable stock, all I have to do is decide what works best and duck tape it tightly in place along with putting a newer layer of foam on to match the existing foam recoil pad ... but ... the guy behind the counter said it will break some targets and if it dont for the price I could always cut the barrel off and ... well ... then it would definitely not break targets but it would give me a pipe to hit somebody in the knee with.

2. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

Not many people ever feel like they want a thumb hole model. Scratch that one.

An adjustable comb is a nice option. As you start into shooting you will realize how important fit of the gun is and where it shoots. An adjustable comb allows that to be tweaked.

The BT100 was only made for a short period. I think the trigger group was removeable. Anyway what ever it was was not as dependable as the old version so they went back to the 99.

An adjustable comb and an adjustable rib allow you to raise or lower where your gun shoots. That is a nice option. The adjustable rib is on the BT-99 plus.

The micro stock is for a person of small stature.

All in all, I recommend the 99 with an adjustable comb and/or rib. 32 or 34 inch barrels are a personal choice thing as to how they swing.If you are an average sized person go to the 34 inch barrels. They have better resale because that is what most folks shoot.

all the best,
    john

3. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

Oh yeah,

A removeable choke is a nice option. It allows you to shoot a full or modified or Improved modified which are the most popular. If it was fixed with a full choke I would be fine with that. Others may not.

john

4. steevo

steevo TS Member

I has the BT99 Plus. Loved it. Everything is adjustable, and the prices on them are good. Steve

5. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I think that lumper is not even a real trapshooter and is just a troll attempting to learn the lingo so that he sounds as if he knows what he is talking about. I mean come on, how many trapshooters do not know whats what with the Browning bt-99? John

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

John ... you think what you want but when you look at the Browning website they list BT-99 w/ adjustable comb, BT-99 Micro, BT-99 Grey Laminate Nickel, BT-99 Golden Clays and BT-99 Conventional. All of these I understand what they are because they are listed but when it comes to ones mentioned as "Plus" or with a thumbhole stock or this or that I was looking for some clarifications on exactly what model is what but ...

Since you think I am trolling I rescind my request for information at this time. I ask that nobody else answer anything on this thread because John thinks I'm trolling ... thank you John for helping me not get information on what I was wondering about, you have been a great help to us all.

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

If anyone would like to ignore the part about not answering anything else on this thread please feel free to ignore that part ... I really dont think John would mind.

8. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Well, I wouldn't think that you would need to ask such rudimentary questions what with your vast ATA background that you proclaimed to have last month. Being as everyone would be surprised at exactly who you are and all. I would figure that you would have all the down low on the old workhorse bt-99. I guess not though. Now you are a new shooter looking for whatever it is that you are looking for. Good luck in your quest. You will find that just being yourself will go a lot farther than bs on here. Good luck in your quest for the secrets of the bt-99 for they are a closely guarded secret that not just everyone is privy to. John

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

DA ... what configurations that are not available? I want a 32" unsingle with a 30" O/U with the std adjustable comb and I guess you dont think that is available but oh how mistaken you were/are.

10. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

A BT 99 is hard to beat for price and reliability and variety, all models, all years. I like my 34' combo, two barrel set.

11. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Lumper- I don't think you'll find a BT-99 in an over/under configuration.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

12. lumper

lumper TS Member

John ... your reminding me of the person that is so uppity about topic that you look down upon those that you feel are not up to your intellectual stature of whatever is being discussed. I know I am most likely wrong but that is how your acting but I know I must be wrong right?

Jerry ... DA was referring back to another topic on SKB's a couple of weeks ago where he was shown his error but doesn't want to let it go.

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Lumper I thought you were the expert to end all experts. You spread your crock of crap on just about every thread and now you want people to take you serious. Doesn't quite work that way. It would be an embarassment for you to even own a BT99.

Don

14. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Hey Lumper,

Indiana Gun Club has the SKB combo you are looking for. I saw it today, 32"unsingle and 30" O/U. It is a 85TSS model and in good shape. You can go to their website: www.indianagunclub.com and do a search to see pictures of the gun. They can also be contacted by phone (317) 485-6540. They will be there until 10:00pm eastern time. Steve and Phil are two very standup guys and will treat you right. They ship guns all over the US every day. So if you don't live close it's not a problem. Give them a call!

ec90t

15. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Go with a Mossburg a Bt99 is way too complicated for you..LOL

Rock

Jim

16. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Lumper,

Don't listen to these lump heads. They wouldn’t know a true trap sportsman seeking knowledge if it hit them in the head. But I’m here to help you. I was just cleaning out my gun safe and my wife wants me to get rid of a gun to make room for more jewelry. So I’ve decided to not only give you a great deal on a gun, but on an ultimate BT99/100. They only made a few of these so pay special attention. Just send a cashiers check in the amount of $1000.00 (made out to cash) and I will send the gun to you. Don’t worry about using an FFL, I’ll just declare that I’m shipping a set of golf clubs. Anyway this is a BT99/100 Plus, Micro, SS with thumbhole adjustable stock, it has factory porting, invector ++-+ triple wall choke tubes, it’s the combo model with 32” unsingle and 27” (faster swing, you know that) O/U barrel. It also has the drop out trigger group (hence the 100) with Pull/Release auto selector. Both barrels have adjustable vented ribs (hence the Plus). The stock is done in extremely rare polish acorn wood. (it’s a looker) BTW, my digital is broken so no photos available. But as you know we’re ALL trapshooters on this site, so you can trust me. Condition is FLNIB. (I’m sure you understand that)

17. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

*giggle*

18. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Browning missed the boat years ago with the BT99. They made them as a poor mans Perazzi and sold them for about $350. They could have sold them for a $1,000 and made a real dent in Perazzi's single business. They are all the same basic gun, just a few add ons to make a difference. Stick with a 34" and believe me, you really don't need choke tubes. Learn to shoot a full and you'll be a competative shooter at any yardage. The adjustable comb (regardless who makes it) and an adjustable butt pad will enable you to adjust the gun to fit. And if you fall out of love with it, you won't lose a bundle. They are always in demand.

Big Jack

19. lumper

lumper TS Member

This place really cracks me up ... for those that have actually offered and supplied information I thank you but for those who like to jump and attack I thank you as well for the laughs your giving me.

You have only proven that some of you only read about every 3rd word and ignore every other 3rd word and then begin typing an attackable reply. For proof just read back in this thread ... the only time an O/U was mentioned was in response to DA and his misinformed commentary about a old SKB posting and now a bunch of you think I was asking about a BT-99 configuration in on O/U. That is really hilarious and makes me really have a good chuckle. There are those of us who like to attack so much we cannot even read and comprehend what is on the screen in front of you ... just freakin hilarious ... just hilarious ... thanks for the laughs guys.

20. lumper

lumper TS Member

ec90t ... I have recently scored an SKB 85TSS 30" O/U w/adj comb for less than $1600 NIB so the combo deal is kind of out of the question at this time and is why I am kind of thinking/considering/contemplating a possible BT in the future unless a deal for a SKB unsingle pops up somewhere like the O/U but thanks for the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

does bt99 micro have a raised comb option