1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT serila number

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by poe/IL, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poe/IL

poe/IL TS Member

I'm looking at a used Browning BT that the owner has no idea when it was made. I thought I understood Browning's serial numbers but this one I don't. Can someone please tell me what year this gun is? The serial number is 37D21035. I'm thinking its a 1973?

Also would someone have an idea of its worth? I'd say its about 85%. There are a couple of small dings in the stock and the bluing on the beaver-tail latch has rubbed off. Other than that the gun is in great shape.

Opppppps next time I'll try to do a better job of spelling Serial LOL

Thanks, Brian

2. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I looked at Brownings website and I can't find anything close to what you are saying is the serial number. If it was a 73 the serial number should read something like this 1234D73. That would be the 1234th BT built in 1973. Even the new serial numbers are not like that. At least not on my old or new one.

3. poe/IL

poe/IL TS Member

I agree. I do not understand this serial number at all. Someone told me that the first Brownings you read the serial number backwards. I sure don't see anything about that on their website. I may have to call Browning to see whats up with this one.

4. poe/IL

poe/IL TS Member

Thanks shootlow. I'd heard that but Browning sure doesn't say anything about that on there web site when they explain how to read there serial numbers.

Thanks again, Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.