1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hank55, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hank55

Hank55 Member

I have found a used BT-99 that is priced reasonably but I noticed that the break-open lever is straight and not offset to the right like the ones that I currently own. I've been told that this signals the gun in overly worn and needs rebuilt? By rebuilt, are people meaning the internal springs that sometimes need replaced or is it something more serious?

2. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Several hundred $$$ of repair to weld on and remachine the lock up mechanism.

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Copy and paste or click the link above. A lenghty thread from just a couple of days ago covered this subject in detail.

http://trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpages/sthread.cfm?ThreadID=176277

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If the price is reasonable buy it. Check with a smith to see if you can just replace the lug. They can be pretty far gone and still shot good. If really bad, they sometimes open on shooting. If you can't wiggle the barrel with the gun closed you're good to go.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.