1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smoke22, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoke22

smoke22 TS Member

I have decided on what gun I want to start out with. I held a BT-99 at the gun club and loved it. I just got to wait a awhile to save the money up for it. Does it really make a difference on having your barrel ported. Because the two I saw at the club were ported. The club did have a stainless steel bt-99 which I loved but a little out of my range.

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Smoke,

The new BT-99's are all ported, you have no choice. The older models, which I prefer, can be found both ways.

ec90t

3. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

I just pick up a new bt99 and is not ported . I didnt see one that was and they three or four on the rack . Paid 1050.00 at scheels in omaha ne.

4. Ljutic Guy

Ljutic Guy Member

I don't like any of the BT models as they have stright stocks, meaning they are not shaped for a right hand or left hand shooter. On a stright stock an adjustable comb will help you get your cheek in a spot to line up your eye with the rib beads, and an adjustable butt plate will help you get the recoil pad into the correct shoulder spot each time you mount the shotgun. But I have found the best fit is a true right hand stock, not a modifired stright one.

5. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

I love my bt99 I broke 49 out of 50 right the box . The gun fit me perfect im 5'9 The pull is just right the only thing i did is put a kickeez pad on . I still have not shoot 50 but alot of 25 i think the 50 is in my head.

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Guys, I stand corrected. I've not seen any of the newer ones that weren't ported.

ec90t

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

BT99 is a great choice for the money. I have a lot of ported guns and I love them but people I shoot with dont because of the noise and I will probably not buy anymore ported guns for that reason

8. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

The new type standard BT's don't come ported. The Golden Clay model is ported.

9. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

If you are looking for an older BT I have a 1998 that is virtually new. Has been shot but is extremely tight one or two small marks on wood from storage. Has box books etc. Is invector not plus M/C stock 34" non-ported $1100.00 plus shipping. If thats what you want you will not be disappointed. I'm biased but I think the old ones are superior to the new ones. i will be away till 5-9-08 if you want photos I can get them after that. either way you can't go wrong with a BT.
    Just my unsolicited opinion. Jim W.

10. rifle guy

rifle guy TS Member

I shoot a new (last year) bt99 with the factory adj comb. I love it and found the only modifications needed were a morgan adj pad and little nylon bushings on the comb pillars as the factory comb likes to move down during shooting.I suggest a adj comb unless the factory gun really really fits good. Mine is still stiff after 5000+ rounds and shows no sign of wear. They are great guns and most new ones arent ported.

Have fun....that is what its all about right?

11. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

I just seen one sell at the auction for $400.00 to day at a Kiko Aution in Canton,Oh I did't buy it. It was a little loose but it had a four-way adj comb and a gra-coil reciol reducer. I'M AN IDIOT Oh well

12. shutupandshoot

shutupandshoot Member

I have an extra clean BT 99 I purchased in May of 2007. It has a 34" barrel with adjustable comb and extra choke tubes. $950. If you want pictures, e-mail me at sjdrouse@msn.com. I haven't put it on the web yet but will be doing so pretty soon
    Thanks