1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Gunn, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunn

Gunn TS Member

I and my wife each have BT-99's. I have a chance to get another for my grandson. I am going to assume it was made in 1972 due to the serial number 72D12390. This shotgun is very well maintained. What I am asking, is this one of the "Good" ones? I always here get one of the older models. Is this one of the older models they talk about? He's young and I want this to be able to last him a long time. Tim

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Absolutely! In my mind the best gun to start with. 1972 is a classic. If he requires a shorter stock to start with, I would recommend finding one that is already cut just because of this reason. As there are many out there. Then when he grows you can put the original back on and use it for a lifetime. Good luck.

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

I am alway seeing people looking for dates of BT 99's

Here's Browning's website on the subject.

Shoot for fun!

4. Doorknee

Doorknee TS Member

I bought my son a new BT99 when he was 13 years old, he is 42 now, still shooting same gun. My personal opinion the BT99 is one of the best trap guns made considering price and durability!

Don D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.