1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 Wont Eject Shells???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shamlin, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shamlin

shamlin Member

Can anyone give me an idea on how much it costs to fix a shell ejector on a BT-99?

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Are you sure it was built to eject? The modern BT99's are extract only.

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

If you have a hole on the rounded part of the receiver where it attaches to the forend iron, there should be a half rounded wire that sticks out of that hole. The Ejector Trip Rod, (B1793755). If it is not sticking out slightly or is retracted in, you need to replace it. This may also mean there is a little disc in side your action floating around that is welded on that wire to keep it in place, and may lodge in there and not allow your gun to function. How do I know this? It just happened to me last weekend. I am fixing it myself, so I do not know what the costs are for labor. The part seems to be listed for about $15 plus shipping. If this is the case pm me, or email. Jon

4. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I was looking at the schematics between the 100 and the 99 thinking they might be similar, but no.

My 100 had this problem, but my ejection trip rod was bent. I didn't have to replace anything. All I had to do was remove the stock and simply slide out the trip rod and bend it straight.

Bryan

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Bryan you know with the BT100 you can set it either way by the adjustment on the drop out trigger? Unless you have the BT100 in matte finish and then i think it was extract only.

6. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Oh yeah I know, but in my case the rod somehow got bent.

Bryan

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

The rod is supposed to be bent to go up against the main spring sleeve rim on the BT-99. That is what pushes the rod forward to set the ejectors. Jon

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I have fixed a few, you just have to increase the effective length of the rod by straightening it out a little. It seems that usage increases the bend in the rod till it is not long enough to trip the ejector mechanism in the forearm.

I just put them in a vise and closed it up a little to accomplish the straightening.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning bt 100 shekk enjector

browning bt 99 will not extract spent casing

browning bt-99 wont eject shells

bt 99 doesnt eject sheels

bt-99 doesnt always eject shells

bt-99 shells wont eject

shell ejector for a bt 99