1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT 99 vs BT 100

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by buck53, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buck53

buck53 TS Member

I am shooting 870 field gun and this last week somebody at the gun club let me try his BT 100 . What is the difference between the 99 vs the 100 besides the fact they don't make the 100 anymore ?

2. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

the BT-100 has a higher rib on them than the BT-99's do. the BT-100's also have drop out trigger groups.

3. buck53

buck53 TS Member

your right the gentelman showed me how to take the trigger assembly out. So does the BT-99 have this feature, and is the BT-100 a better gun then a new BT-99 ?

4. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Just like with cars, each model has factors you must consider. I have owned both...although my BT 99 was a plus. IMHO the BT 100 is a better gun, if you get the high gloss blue or stainless steel models. The "satin" model was a waste of time. I like an adj. rib, but I liked the drop out trigger with adjustable functions more. The BT 99 has a smaller "wrist" and it was too small for my hand. Monsoor's was offering a new BT99 with an adjustable rib, a couple of years ago, without the recoil device. It was a good looking gun. Shoot em all and make an informed decision.

JON

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Chiefjon and buck53. Monsoors still has a few of these guns. The ARs.

6. jtf650

jtf650 Member

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the satin BT100 as a "waste of time". Now, I own one so maybe I'm biased, but I find much to like about the satin and in fact prefer it to the fancy models. First, I don't care for glossy stocks and shiny bluing- the glare from the sun can be blinding. Second, I'm not a fan of porting, and the satin was the only BT100 without porting. Third, I reload so the lack of an ejector suits me just fine- I don't have to chase the occasional shell that gets away with an ejector. When I break the gun open, the hulls stay right where I want them. The satin trigger has the same adjustable trigger pull as the other models. The straight fixed comb stock fit me well, and I ended up buying Briley chokes so the fact it only came with one Browning choke wasn't a big deal. Best of all, it was considerably cheaper, I mean less expensive, than the fancy models. I've never heard anyone suggest that the satin model was inferior in materials or workmanship, just lacking in bells and whistles. From my perspective at least, what's not to like? Good luck with your choice- I think you'll find any of the BTs will be a nice step up from a field 870.

7. letts

letts TS Member

I have both the 100 and the 99. I feel the 99 is a little heavier and kicks a little less. However I shoot the BT 100 the most as I feel I shoot better with it. It is at Ken Ruckers as of right now to have a "Bump Buster" installed so the kick will no longer be an issue. I would say you will not be disapointed with either model. I do like the removable triger for clean up and lube. Both guns that I have are equiped with the adjustable comb. I like that and would recomend that if it is avalible when you find a new gun that you are considering to purchase.

Letts

8. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

100s have a little more palm swell as well... Get one if you can find one

9. nords

nords Member

jtf650 said it very well it is a great gun satin or other wise. Do you need ejectors? You can have a stock work done. I was going to have Browning put them in at the Grand and he asked me why! The guns shoot great and are so easy to keep clean. I would go with a BT100, then the high rib 99

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I have a satin model BT 100 and its the best shooting Browning i've come across. I love the thing and as for the ejectors that shouldn't be a selling point. If you want the shells on the ground just pick them out and throw 'em down. Good guns no matter what the finish. Mine has a thumbhole stock which most don't like but i love. The drop out trigger is great and made my release trigger conversion easy.---Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning bt 100
browning bt 100 vs bt 99

browning bt-100 vs bt-99

browning bt-99 vs bt-100

bt 100 vs bt 99

bt 99 vs bt100

bt99 vs bt100
difference between bt 99 and bt 100