1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 vs BT-100 Pros/Cons/Opinion Pleaze!

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by lbshootin, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

0   0   0

A friend of mine is considering a purchase of either a BT-99 or a BT-100 (non-Thumbhole). What are the running opinions? Not alot of cash to invest, and only shoots local trap leagues and fun shoots. Tried a Stoger and it died a miserable death. He shoots his Model 12s real consistant, but wants to try his hand at a break open 34" single barrel..Thanks for your inputs...LarryB.

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bt99 is usually easier to find and cost less. I have a bt99 I shoot well bought a bt100 and never did quite get the hang of it. Probably sold it before I gave it a real chance though. Did not sell my 99.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

same gun except drop out trigger and higher rib and I like both of those options. Both great guns

4. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

0   0   0

I shoot a BT-99 straight stock (fixed I/M choke)through the winter and switch back to my BT-100 (M/C non-adjustable stock, fixed full choke) during the Spring. I've shot both guns (the 99 for 30 years and the 100 for about 10 years) and would not sell either one as I like both. I do find the biggest difference is as I got in my 50's (age, not my singles score) it's easier to shoot the higher rib as on the 100. On the BT-99 you're looking down through the barrel to pickup the target guickly. The 100 makes that job much easier. Even though the 100 has a drop out trigger, the 99 has such a dependable hammer & trigger system that I've only had to take it apart once in the past 30 years to put in new hammer spring inside. However, I have broken a firing pin in the 100 and you have to take the stock off to replace it. I've never heard of a firing pin breaking in a 99. If it ever does, it's removed from the block without removing the stock. Both great guns. BT-100dc

5. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

From the marketing side they quit manufacturing the BT100 as it could no longer be produced and maintain the margin necessary to retain it and be competitively priced. It would still be aorund if they could as it does have lot of nice features.

6. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I just traded for a BT-100 and so far I have been very impressed with the performance and quality of it. The removable trigger allows changing the trigger pull from 3.5 to 5 lbs. by simply using a screwdriver to make the adjustment. In addition, you can change from hull ejection to extraction with the turn of a screw using a dime or screwdriver. You have to look hard to find one of the few BT-100s in top condition...the stainless models are almost impossible to find - is there a reason? BT-99s are attractive - price and performance - both have Browning quality. It sounds like your friend "without a lot of money to invest" may seriously want to consider a BT-99...unless he can find a BT-100 close in price. Best Regards, Ed

7. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have owned both, I have a BT100 at presnt and I like it better than the BT99
    of course everyone has an opinion, thats mine.

Rick

8. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

0   0   0

I have both. If I had to choose only one it would be the BT-100......Roger

9. letts

letts TS Member

0   0   0

I also have both, Prefer my Leo special 100 with the gold inlay, Its prettier! Both have been 100% reliable, shoot well and are a good buy.

Letts

10. letts

letts TS Member

0   0   0

I might add I bought my BT 100 from Bill Grill who now says he could't get the hang of it. O well he shoots 25s, I do not. We both have fun banging away anyhow.

LOL,

Letts

11. BMC

BMC Member

0   0   0

Just guessing here, but if your friend shoots a Model 12 well, then there is a strong chance he might favor a BT99 with the lower rib over the 100 with the higher rib. There was a transitional period for me when I went from a low rib gun to the higher rib BT100. I've had a trigger spring break on me and one of the ejector mechanical pieces broke and jammed the action/trigger once, but it was easy to fix. Oddly there is one gun I own that I've said I would never sell and that is my BT100. Its a good gun for some, others perfer the 99. I'd have him shoot both and see which he feels more comfortable with. I bet he choose the BT99.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt 100 spring remover