1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 value question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by samthompson, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samthompson

samthompson Member

At a gun show last week a local pawn shop had a table and on it was a 32" BT-99 (the model which had the thick/bulky forearm - not the flatter/thinner one). It was in pretty rough shape but I believe that my gunsmith/stocksmith could do a good job with it.

I know I have not given a tremendous amount of info... but what is a "good" price for something like this?

2. 548

548 Guest

$400-$500 if it was in the condition you state. $700 if it is better than average and $800 if it is flawless. The beavertail forearm BT's are more desirable.

All just my opinion.

3. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Older long tang BT's with the competition forearm in nice shape have gone up the last six months or so. An as new 34" will sell at $1200 while one in good/excellent condition will bring $900+. Marc

4. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

32 inch barrel is less value than a gun with a 34.just sayin Bill

5. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Marc is correct Older long tang BT's with the competition forearm in nice shape have gone up the last six months or so. With invector plus choke system the older flat forarm guns are very good but kick ike hell IMHO I have mine backbored and ported to help the recoil but the best SBT gun for the money but get an lder one for sure.
    Buddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.