1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 stock removal

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rooster65, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rooster65

Rooster65 TS Member

Hello everyone, I am a long time reader but a first time poster. I need guidance on making a tool that I can use to safely remove a stock from a BT-99. I remember this being talked about before on the forum, but don't recall when. Any help appreciated. email privately is ok. Thanks for a wonderful forum. Todd Cockrill

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Take a large bladed screw driver and wrap it with masking tape near the bladed end. Wrap it until it is a slip fit in the stock hole. This will keep the blade of the screw driver centered in the slotted stock bolt. If you use a screw driver with a square shaft you can use a small wrench on it to break the bolt loose. HMB

3. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

hmb is right. Square shaft on the screw driver really helps.
    If I remember right, my blade is about 3/8" wide.
    Mike C.

4. Pribbs

Pribbs TS Member

A drag link socket is perfect 3/8" drive avaliable in 1/4 5/16 3/8 slot thickness. I purchased a 3/8 and filed it to a snug fit for the screw head. The socket is large enough to prevent braking the wood should it come out and the 3/8 extension and ratchet make it easy. Pibbs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt-99 stock removal

bt99 stock removal

bt99 stock removal tool

how to remove astock on a bt 99

remove bt 99 stock

remove bt-99 stock