1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 STOCK REMOVAL

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WYBOO WOOD, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WYBOO WOOD

WYBOO WOOD Member

Today I went to remove the stock on my BT-99 to clean and lube the action. All I see within the stock is an aluminum piece with a hole in the middle and further forward what looks like it may be a hex receptacle for a stock bolt. If this is correct, where would I buy a long hex wrench of the correct size. 100 Straight offers wrenches but only list a Citori. Which by the way has a regular screw slot on it's stock bolt. Please advise Thanks Dave

2. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

I don't know the size allen wrench but if you go to Brownings website they can tell you what size it is. You can purchase a long wrench at the hardware store!PJ

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

If I remember correctly it's 5mm.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Be very careful because the wrong tool can result in a broken stock. I used a friends stock wrench when i removed my BT stock but i do not recall the actuall size. My Beretta actually came with the stock wrench for it.---Matt

5. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

I bought a new BT99 in Feb of this year.

The recoil pad comes off with a small phillips screwdriver through the slits in the pad. I used a #1 philips and it worked just fine.

Once the pad is off, the bolt that holds the stock to the action uses a regular sloted screwdriver but a long one. probably 8 - 10" long.

It came off with a very moderate amount of pressure. I did not have to lean on it.

6. 47bt99

47bt99 TS Member

Use a socket wrench with a long extension bar.

7. Franktri

Franktri Member

I had the same experience as WARPSPEED. Phillips for the pad and slotted for the stock..

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I believe it makes a difference of what kind of stock bolt it is if you have the adjustable comb or not.

9. WYBOO WOOD

WYBOO WOOD Member

I did check Browning's site and they do list a 5 mm stock bolt wrench. So, I ordered one. $ 18.00 including shipping. Thanks BTW They also list slotted stock bolt wrenches for BT99's Dave

10. melbournemike

melbournemike TS Member

I had a problem with my bt99 mid 80's model my local gunsmith could not remove the stock to replace the springs.A buddy of mine used an oversized slotted screw driver and it came out quite easily,I was sure the gunsmith had run into rust or corrosion ,but it turned out he didnt have the proper sized screwdriver and was afraid of damageing the stock.My gun was bought in 1985 and the bolt may be differant now .a good flashlight should solve the problem-good luck Mike Moloney

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bt 99 stock removal
bt99 stock
how to remove astock on a bt 99
how to remove the stock on a browning bt-99
how to revove butt stock on a bt99 browning trap gun
how to tighten stock on bt 99

remove bt-99 stock

stock bt-99