1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 Shoots to the right

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Smok'n Joe, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Adjust the comb in the direction that you want to change the point of impact...
    left to shoot left, right to shoot right.

A bore laser or a trip to the patterning board is a good idea.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

First, make sure the gun is shooting to the right. Shoot 10 different paper targets at 13 yards from a solid rest. Make sure the sights are lined up and shoot the gun as you would a rifle. If it really does shoot to the right, moving the comb will not correct the problem unless you do not care about the mid and front sights lining up.

Pat Ireland

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you shoot left handed. Is that right?

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I have a K-gun top sgl that shot to the left 2-3"---Took it to Ottsville and at first they thought I was nuts---They took it downstairs and tried it and came up and said I was right---Then they took it in back room,did some adjustments and tried it again---It is right on---been 3 yrs and it is still right on---Don't ask me what they did but thats the story---I'd take it back to Browning and ask for a bbl adj or get a new bbl---JMT---SJB---

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Bend it in a tree crotch. (This has been done before)

HM

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Several years ago I thought the same thing about my browning XT. Pat, Neil, Rollin, and a few others here on TS.com got me in the right direction.

With the help of some BenchRifle shooters and a really good rest. My XT shot dead nuts POA/POI @ 13yards with the beads aligned. mid bead centered in front bead. Then the real magic happened......
    After I was convinced my gun shot true on the upper barrel. The bench shooter who helped me out said. Wheres your other chokes and lets run a few through the lower barrel. After 40 something shots it showed its ugly face. My IM browning factory choke when installed shot off center to the left.
    My most used choke at the time.

We started with the IC choke and moved up. Also found my full choke seemed to pattern as open as IC ??? I later purchased 2 dianna grade chokes Full and IM

7. unckiebub

unckiebub Member

Put a Briley in it and call it a day!!!

8. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

You can do several things. Easist is try different ammo but that may require a lot of shooting. I had a 682 O/U Beretta that I shot 110 POI/patterns. Fixed chokes. Was off ALWAYS left or right. Try different choke sizes &/or manufacturers. Maybe borrow some from other shooters???? Send it to Tom Wilkinson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.