1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99, Recoil????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by johnjjk, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnjjk

johnjjk Member

I am considering buying an BT-99 with just a parallel stock with no Graco absorber, as I want a dedicated 70/30 trap gun.

I wear a Past shooting pad as I am a competitive tennis playing with a Clavical that's a little bad so I have to be careful.

I started shooting about 10 months ago with a Side x Side field gun and I could feel it but there was no soreness in my shoulder. I can handle the recoil.

I started shooting a Beretta 391 Parallel Target gun and it a "Soft" shooter, hardling fell anything.

I have to be careful that's why I want to get some opinions/help on this breach loading gun as the recoil goes directly to the shoulder.

Does any feel it would be about the same as my SxS or a little more felt recoil??

Thanks for your imput.

2. cpd544

cpd544 Member

I shoot a BT-99 every week and have a torn rotator cuff. I do not have any problems going with the BT-99 after using a Remington 1100 for a while before that. If you shoot the light target loads you should not have any problems with felt recoil.
    Jim

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Light loads will help. Adding weight to the gun will help. A Precision Fit Stock will help the most.

Pat Ireland

4. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I had a Kickeze installed on mine VERY happy with it money well spent. IMHO

5. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I have an older fixed choke BT-99 and I have added a recoil reducer to the stock. I feel very little recoil even with my 1200 fps handicap loads. I shoot 7/8 for practice mainly to save shot.

6. dave391

dave391 TS Member

I have been shooting a Beretta AL 391 U2 and I just got a BT99 grade 3 with adj. comb and factory recoil pad. I don't feel any more recoil than I did with the 391.
    Dave

7. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I shoot an old BT-99 with an Edwards Recoil Reducer in the stock. Recoil has never been an issue with this gun. BT-100dc

8. 47bt99

47bt99 TS Member

From my experience the BT-99 is a light gun and should have some weight added to the stock. The weight added to the stock will greatly improve the gun’s swing and reduce the felt recoil. As with any Browning, I would recommend replacing the recoil pad with a better one like a Kick Eez.

Bob

9. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

With your particular problem, you should shoot whatever you’re looking at, before you buy it. Easier said that done, but you will be money and time ahead if you can. I think you would be a lot better off with an autoloader, such as a any Winchester Super X series, Remington 1100, Benelli or Beretta. Use a light load, and even with an autoloader, trick it up as much as you can afford. Recoil causes pain and fatigue, which causes lost birds and frustration. Everyone wants an elegant high end single barrel trap gun, but if you can't shoot it............what good is it. There are more and more stories of people having rotator problems, requiring surgery. One of the easiest ways to incur this type of injury is to shoot a fixed breech gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
best trap loads for a browing bt99
bretta urka 391 trap vs bt 99
browning bt 99 trap gun reviews
browning bt 99 vs bretta ureka trap

bt 99 recoil

bt 99 trap gun

bt 99 trap gun reviews

does the browning bt-99 have much recoil