1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 Question...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by CalvinMD, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Is this a standard 99? If so that sound you describe might indicate a crack in the stock...a loose stock bolt...and check to make sure the rib isn't coming loose...have somebody knowledgeable look it over good so nothing bad happens that might injure somebody..you in particular

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Trappy- I sometimes hear loose springs, screws and nuts making unusual sounds when I shoot. These are problems within my brain. If the sound you hear is coming from your gun, you are lucky. Someone can fix it. If the sound is coming from within your head, you are simply becoming more like the rest of us. Either your gun or your brain might be loose.

On a more serious note, guns can sound very different on a warm damp morning with no wind than on a clear afternoon with a mild breeze. I do not under stand the physics involved in this. I do know that different sound frequencies travel through at different speeds through air, depending on the composition of the air.

Pat Ireland

3. Frye

Frye TS Member

My Dad's BT was doing this, it's a wierd kinda twang that you'd hear in some country songs... He had an annual service done and somewhere in that process, it was fixed. The Smith couldn't tell us Exactly what part was causing it but felt pretty confident that it was in the forend..??
    I'd send 'er to a good Smith.. A tune up on Browning shouldn't be all that expensive.

Frye

4. Frye

Frye TS Member

Wait, I take that back.. That BT-99 is JUNK, you can't fix it. Please send that gun to me immediatly for proper disposal.

Frye

5. tjcutter

tjcutter TS Member

sshotshell

On days when I am really smashing them I swear I can hear them break too. I have told people this and they think I'm crazy. Maybe we just have exceptional hearing. Good to hear that I'm not the only one.

Tom

6. 6ft lead

6ft lead TS Member

my 870 that i shoot, primarily with heavy trap loads, has a very slight "jangle" sound from the action. on really calm days i can hear it plainly, then it becomes a distraction. i would RUN a bt-99 to a smith if i was to hear anything loose. i put a truck load of rounds through my bt and it was always quiet. better safe than sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.