1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RogerAckerman, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogerAckerman

RogerAckerman Member

I have seen some post in the past about the High Shooter BT-99, I believe they have letters in the serial number such as RR, RP, and RT.
    I just bought a RP but can't seem to find any info such as it shoots 90/10 or 70/30?? could you all give me what info you know of the RP.
    Thanks a lot
    Roger

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

A 1976 cover article in American Shotgunner Magazine stated that the then new BT-99 Competition Model was designed to shoot 10 inches high at 40 yards. The high shooters had serial numbers RT and RR in 1976 and 1977; after that Browning lowered the POI by putting less downward slope on the rib by request from non back fence shooters. Your RP was made in 1978 and was not a high shooter.

3. RogerAckerman

RogerAckerman Member

I think I made a big mistake, I thought I read that the RP was a High Shooter also?

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I had a 1978, excellent shotgun. For me with the straight trap stock, would at best shoot 4" high at 40 yards.

Wayne

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I had a Competition Model BT-99 with the higher rib and monte carlo stock and it shot just fine no need for a higher shooting gun. You should pattern your RP before doing anything rash.

6. RogerAckerman

RogerAckerman Member

thanks for the info guys, I was really hoping for a High Shooter, so the RT and RR or the only two.
    thanks again
    Rog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.