1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 Project

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Oscar Ray, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

I am working on a BT-99 project, I want to send my barrel out to get a high rib installed, who do you guys recomend? I am going to send the stock to Tron to have an adjustible comb installed soon also.
    My plan for the stock is to either paint it in a bright blue or green and airbrush designs onto it. I know, thats blasphemy, but what the hell, I will have a unique gun.

Thanks for any input!

Oscar

2. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Roger Eubanks,

Surfer

3. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

have a plan on your rib height and percentage of pattern high, or be ready to install adjustable pad along with adjustable comb

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Moneymakers

5. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Go to a hobby store and buy balsa wood strips to mock up a rib to establish the height you want. I did this and called Vicki at Keensights with the desired finished dimensions. The results are well worth the money. Remember, if you raise the rib you need to raise the comb an equivalent amount.

Robert

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I second Roger Eubanks....Best rib & barrel guy around 3683 River Road Homedale, ID 83628
    (208) 337-4212

7. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Have fun with it I did!!!!!!!!! I made and put a 1 and1/4 in high rib and did the adj comb, made the post for the comb, added a palm swell and painted it!!!

My only suggestions are you can go to a site called ADD-A-Rib and buy a rib do it yourself and when your done painting use a good clear urathane on it I used auto clear coat and well mines getting new paint this week.

Its yours have a blast with it but make sure your ready for the fun!

Jerry Lewis

8. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Have fun with it I did!!!!!!!!! I made and put a 1 and1/4 in high rib and did the adj comb, made the post for the comb, added a palm swell and painted it!!!

My only suggestions are you can go to a site called ADD-A-Rib and buy a rib do it yourself and when your done painting use a good clear urathane on it I used auto clear coat and well mines getting new paint this week.

Its yours have a blast with it but make sure your ready for the fun!

Jerry Lewis

9. v-strom 650

v-strom 650 Member

I'm considering having a higher fixed rib put on my older BT as well: I like the cleaner look to that of an added rib. I am already using the wood strips to decide on the height I want. Any pics of Eubanks work out there? Simmons and Moneymaker have websites to see what work they do and some idea of their prices. Does anyone have any experience w/ how much turnaround time a job like this takes? J.Terre

10. goldwater64

goldwater64 TS Member

I'm currently shooting a bt99 pigeon grade that had Dave Berlet install a delrin rib that has POI at a full pattern high.

I highly recommend him, you will find him at all Marengo Cardinal shoots, he resides in New Knoxville Ohio...north of Dayton and Vandalia.

11. srp41

srp41 Member

Just had my Bt 99 Grad lll done by Monetmakers ,they cut in my comb ,and a raised rib .They did an awesome job

12. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Thanks for the ideas, I already have an adjustible pad on the stock I am going to use, so an adjustible comb is no biggie as I planned on getting one.

If I want to have the gun refinished in say a stainless Cerakote, do I have the rib added first or after the refinish??? Should the rib be the same color??

Thanks,

Oscar

13. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

In addition to the refinishing question, does Eubanks or Moneymaker, make adjustable high ribs??

Thanks,

Oscar

14. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

15. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Any responses to my last questions?

16. v-strom 650

v-strom 650 Member

Moneymaker does, take a look at there web site; pics and prices provided. Just google moneymaker shotgun ribs. J. Terre

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.