1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 problems

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hreinke, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hreinke

hreinke TS Member

I'm having trouble with the ejector on my gun, sometimes it will pull the shell out, other times the ejector goes around the brass and I have to pull it out with a screw driver. Sent it to Williams in Flint,Mi. and they pull a larger ejector in but it is doing the same thing but not as often. Any suggestions on how to fix problem?

2. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

what year is this bt-88?

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

is there play in the exstractor? got to be moving to the side I would think???

4. hreinke

hreinke TS Member

no play in extractor and not sure on the year

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

ok is your bt99 exstract only or eject only?

6. hreinke

hreinke TS Member

sometimes they fly out other times they just pull out enough to grab it with my fingers

7. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

What brand of shells are you using? Sounds like some of them may be sticking in the chamber with the ejector having some play in it & slipping over the shell rim?

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

A club member had this type of problem. He remover the stock and found that the ejector rod had lost the button that is silver soldered to the rod. It allows the rod to cock from time to time and this is when the shell wouldnt eject. The button was in the reciever. You can get this part from Brownells it needs to be fitted..

9. hreinke

hreinke TS Member

OK Thanks for the help guys I have been useing wally world federal shells, but it did it with Win.AA too.

10. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

It could also be possible that the chamber has become oversize, allowing the shell to tip, in turn, allowing the extractor to slip by.

Doug

11. hreinke

hreinke TS Member

The bore could be the problem, it was pretty rusty in there when I first got it. Might have honed it out to much.

12. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The chamber shouldn't measure over .815" just below the rim cut. If it's over .820", it definitely could be causing the problem.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.