1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT-99 Problems

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Franktri, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franktri

Franktri Member

I own two BT-99s and have had no problems with either one, the Grade III or the Micro. I see many people at the range using this gun with no problems either. Except for one friend who has owned one for 3 year and each year, something happens. Has anyone had any recurring problems with theirs or does my friend hav a proverbial lemon?

2. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

What kind of problem or problems Is your friend having? It's pretty hard to comment on unless you can be more specific. At my shop, the only real problems I'be seen with the BT-99 (and other Browning shotguns with detachable foreshocks) is the forestock becoming loose and shearing a few machine screws screws in the process....cya

3. kolarshooter

kolarshooter Member

Howdy, It sounds like a home gunsmith without factory training.

In over 30 years of trapshooting, I have had 1 (one) breakage of an ejector at the Grand, went to the factory store and had a new one in less than 10 minutes.

Reguards,

Tom

4. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Bt-99 have a Golden Clay mfg. date is 05, I have sheared not one but both screws in my forearm.
    I know a couple of parents that have purchased for kids, and they also have had the same problems (newer guns)

That seems to be the only issues I have ran across and Rod from Rod's Custom Stocks does have a way to fix this problem.

deb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning bt 99 problems

browning bt99 problems

bt 99 problems
probelms with bt-99
problem with bt 99