1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BT 99 point of impact

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cuspid2, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cuspid2

cuspid2 TS Member

To lower the POI of a BT 99 with an adjustable comb and gracoil pad that shoots a 70/30 pattern at 30 yards and to try and get it to shoot flatter should I lower the comb and posibly put a shim in the upper part of the pad inbetween the metal and the rubber? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am used to a flat shooting Remington 1100 and don't want to learn to shoot under the bird but rather right at it.
    thanks
    Miles Kletter

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You have two choices when it comes to lowering the POI. You can lower the comb, or you can raise the height of the front sight. Sometimes both are required inorder to get the sight picture you like and the desired POI. HMB

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Just lower the comb for now. I've found that pitch does little to change POI. As you shoot more, and become more acustom to the bird/barrel/bead relationship, you will shoot faster. Sometimes this requires raising your POI. With more experinece, you may move your gun faster, recognize the target quicker, and trip your trigger earlier. All this may require a higher POI. You didn't mention how long you've been shooting.

If you can, go to your club and set a trap on straightaways. Lower or riase your comb 1/16 at a time till your centering the target. Then go to 2 and 4 to try it, and occasionally hit stations 1 and 5. You'll find the right height. Just takes a little time.

Everyone's different and unique in this respect

4. mlcameron

mlcameron Member

before you do any adjustments to your gun. determine what you are shooting and what POI it was designed to have. Beware of RR RP and RN designations in the serial number. Not to say you can't over come the factory design but somtimes it is easier and cheaper to get a gun designed to shoot where you look.
    Mark

5. th445

th445 TS Member

I had the same problem, had the comb lowered then played with it untill I got it where I was happy with it. One thing about lowering it you can always shim it back up.

6. cuspid2

cuspid2 TS Member

I lowered the come as low as I could and still see the beads it was not enough so I shimmed the butt pad on the top screw with plastic O rings and am finally getting a good POI

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

cuspid2- Lowering the POI and seeing the beads may not be closely related. Are you actually measuring the POI or are you just guessing?

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning bt 99 point of impact

browning bt-99 plus point of impact
browning bt99 point of impact
bt 99 point of impact
bt-99 point of impact
bt99 point of impact
point of impact on bt99